|Prof Shen's areas of expertise are Raman spectroscopy and microscopy, Nano Science and Nano Technology, near-field optics, spintronics and strain characterzation of Si devices. His current research works focus on near-field Raman microscopy, Plasmonics, nano materials and devices, graphene and nanosphere lithography.|
- Development of Sub Diffraction Limit Spatial Resolution of Raman Spectroscopy by Means of Near-Field Enhancement by the Photonic Nanojets Produced by Dielectric Microspheres
- Disruptive Photonic Technologies (DPT)
- Femto-Second Mode-locked Laser with Stable Broadband Frequency Comb
- Investigation of nano-structures and devices using novel near-field imaging techniques
- Near-Field Scanning Raman Microscopy and Development of Femto-Second Laser with Stabilized Broadband Frequency Comb
- Optical Nanoscopy and study of nano-materials devices
- Plasma Decoration of Suspended Graphene for Novel Electronic Applications
- Towards “3D” Nanoscope With Super Spatial Resolution
- C. L. Du, Y. M. You, J. Kasim, Z. H. Ni, T. Yu, C. P. Wong, H. M. Fan, and Z. X. Shen. (2008). Confocal White Light Reflection Imaging for Characterization of Metal Nanostructures. Optics Communications, 281, 5360-5363.
- YM You, CL Du, Y Ma, J Kasim, T Yu, ZX Shen. (2008). Near-field coupling effect on far-field inelastic scattering imaging of Au nanoparticles. Nanotechnology, 19, 395705.
- H. S. Tan, S. R. Kulkarni, T. Cahyadi, P. S. Lee, S. G. Mhaisalkar, J. Kasim, Z. X. Shen, and F. R. Zhu. (2008). Solution-processed trilayer inorganic dielectric for high performanceflexible organic field effect transistors. Applied Physics Letters, 93, 183503.
- Zhiqiang Luo, Sanhua Lim, YumengYou, Jianmin Miao,Hao Gong, Jixuan Zhang, ShanzhongWang, Jianyi Lin and Zexiang Shen. (2008). Effect of ion bombardment on the synthesis of vertically aligned single-walled carbon nanotubes by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition. Nanotechnology, 19, 255607.
- L. Liao, H. X. Mai, Q. Yuan, H. B. Lu, J. C. Li, C. Liu, C. H. Yan, Z. X. Shen and T. Yu. (2008). Metal oxide nanostructures from simple metal-oxygen reaction in air. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 112, 9061.