|Assoc Prof Zaher Judeh |
Division of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6738
- PhD University of New South Wales 2000
- MSc University of Bombay 1994
- BSc University of Poona 1992
|Asst Prof Zaher Judeh is currently in the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering since 2004. He received his Bachelor degree in Chemistry from Poona University, Master degree in Chemistry from Bombay University and Ph.D. degrees from the University of New South Wales, Australia. His research interests include organic synthesis and catalysis. He has done significant research work and published over 40 international conference and journal papers.|
|My research interests are in the following areas:
1. Organic synthesis: Reaction mechanisms new methodologies
2. Asymmetric catalysis: Synthesis and use of novel chiral bidentate ligands based on bisisoquinolines focusing on synthesis of enantiomerically pure drug intermediates
3. Ionic liquids: Use as solvents for new reactions
4. Natural product chemistry: Study the synthesis, characterization and bioactivity of Vanicosides
|Research Grant |
- Maritime Clean Energy Research Programme (MCERP) (2011-) [by Nanyang Technological University, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)]
- Maritime Clean Energy Research Programme (MCERP) (2011-2013)
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore - NTU (2011-) [by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)]
- National Medical Research Council (2011-2014) [by National Medical Research Council (NMRC)]
|Current Projects |
- Asymmetric Catalysis: Applications in the Synthesis of Ultra-pure, biologically important chiral intermediates and pharmaceuticals
- Biomimetic-Based Antifouling Coatings as a Route to Imporve Energy Efficiency of Ships and Port Structures
- Catalytic selective oxidation of methyl groups: synthesis of hydroxybenzaldehydes via copper-mediated catalytic selective oxidation of methylphenols
- Potential Marine Antifouling Agents : Synthesis and Formulation of Novel Halogeneatd Cyclopent - 2 - ones
- Potential Marine Antifouling Agents: Synthesis and Formulation of Novel Halogenated Cyclopent-2-ones
- Uncovering the anticancer potential of phenylpropanoid sucrose esters
- Shaohua Guo and Zaher MA Judeh. (2010). Modular amino acids-based chiral ligands for copper-catalyzed enantioselective conjugation addition of diethylzinc to cyclic enones. Chirality, in press.
- M. Kakran, N.G. Sahoo, L. Li, Z. Judeh, P. Panda. (2010). Dissolution study of drug-polymer composites prepared by evaporative precipitation of nanosuspension. Journal of Biomaterials Science - Polymer Edition, in press.
- M. Kakran, N.G. Sahoo, L. Li, Z. Judeh. (2010). Dissolution study of drug-polymer composite nanoparticles fabricated by evaporative precipitation of nanosuspension. JOURNAL OF PHARMACY & PHARMACOLOGY, in press.
- Ahmad ElDouhaibi, Zias Moussa, Mouslim Messali, Zaher M.A. Judeh. (2010). Iron (III) chloride-promoted isomerization of propargyl alcohols to alpha, beta-unsaturated carbonyl compounds. Synthetic Communications, in press.
- Gao Qi, Zaher M.A. Judeh. (2010). Structurally constrained C1-1,1'-bisisoquinoline-based chiral ligands: Geometrical implications on the enantioinduction in the addition of diethylzinc to aldehydes. Tetrahedron Letters, 21(4), 429-436.