|Dr. Zheng Liu received his B.S. degrees (2005) at Nankai University (China), and completed his Ph.D at National Center for Nanoscience and Technology (NCNST), China, under the guidance of Prof. Lianfeng Sun. He then worked in Prof. Pulickel M. Ajayan and Prof. Jun Lou’s groups as a joint postdoc research fellow (2010~2012) and research scientist (2012~2013) at Rice University. Dr. Zheng Liu's research focus on the synthesis, characterizations and applications of novel two-dimensional (2D) crystals, including nitrides (hexagonal boron nitride, h-BN), oxides, transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs, MoS2, WS2, MoSe2 etc.) He has made great contributions to the 2D materials based nanoelectronics, active nano-systems and high performance energy components, e.g. graphene/h-BN resonators, graphene photodetectors, high-density capacitors, ultrafast lithium storage. He has published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers in top journals such as Nat Mater, Nat Nanotech, Nat Comm, Nano Lett, Adv Mater, JACS, ACS Nano, Small etc. These work have been reported by the impact media such as Science daily, IEEE spectrum etc., and highlighted by the top journals such as Nat Phys, Nat Nanotech, Chem Int Ed, etc. He was a recipient of the 2012 World Technology Award in Energy category. This award has been presented as a way to honor those in doing "the innovative work of the greatest likely long-term significance." He was awarded the Singapore NRF Fellowship in 2013.|
- Xuechao Yu, Yangyang Li, Xiaonan Hu, Daliang Zhang, Ye Tao, Zhixiong Liu, Yongmin He, Md. Azimul Haque, Zheng Liu, Tom Wu & Qi Jie Wang. (2019). Narrow bandgap oxide nanoparticles coupled with graphene for high performance mid-infrared photodetection. Nature Communications, 9, 4299.
- Q. Fu, C. Zhu, X. Zhao, X.Wang**, A.Chaturvedi, C.Zhu, X.Wang, Q.Zeng, .Zhou, F.Liu, B.K.Tay, H.Zhang, S.J.Pennycook, Z.Liu,. (2019). Ultrasensitive 2D Bi2O2Se Phototransistors on Silicon Substrate, Advanced Materials,. Advanced Materials, 31(1), 1804945.
- H.shan, Y.Yu, X. Wang**, Y.Luo, S.Zu, B.Du, T.Han, B.Li, Y.li, J.Wu, F.Lin, k.Shi, B.K.Tay, Z.Liu, X.Zhu, Z.Fang. (2019). Direct Observation of Ultrafast Plasmonic hot Electron Transfer in the Strong Coupling Regime. Light: Science & Applications, 8(9).
- Lina Wang,Peng Hu, Yi Long, Zheng Liu and Xuexia He. (2017). Recent advances in ternary two-dimensional materials: synthesis, properties and applications. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5(44), 22855-22876.
- Chaoliang Tan, Lingzhi Zhao, Peng Yu, Ying Huang, Bo Chen, Zhuangchai Lai, Xiaoying Qi, Min Hao Goh, Xiao Zhang, Shikui Han, Xue-Jun Wu, Zheng Liu, Yanli Zhao, and Hua Zhang. (2017). Preparation of Ultrathin Two-Dimensional TixTa1-xSyOz Nanosheets as Highly Efficient Photothermal Agents. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, .