|Dr. Zheng Liu received his B.S. degrees (2005) at Nankai University (China), and completed his Ph.D at National Center for Nanoscience and Technology (NCNST), China, under the guidance of Prof. Lianfeng Sun. He then worked in Prof. Pulickel M. Ajayan and Prof. Jun Lou’s groups as a joint postdoc research fellow (2010~2012) and research scientist (2012~2013) at Rice University. Dr. Zheng Liu's research focus on the synthesis, characterizations and applications of novel two-dimensional (2D) crystals, including nitrides (hexagonal boron nitride, h-BN), oxides, transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs, MoS2, WS2, MoSe2 etc.) He has made great contributions to the 2D materials based nanoelectronics, active nano-systems and high performance energy components, e.g. graphene/h-BN resonators, graphene photodetectors, high-density capacitors, ultrafast lithium storage. He has published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers in top journals such as Nat Mater, Nat Nanotech, Nat Comm, Nano Lett, Adv Mater, JACS, ACS Nano, Small etc. These work have been reported by the impact media such as Science daily, IEEE spectrum etc., and highlighted by the top journals such as Nat Phys, Nat Nanotech, Chem Int Ed, etc. He was a recipient of the 2012 World Technology Award in Energy category. This award has been presented as a way to honor those in doing "the innovative work of the greatest likely long-term significance." He was awarded the Singapore NRF Fellowship in 2013.|
- Xuechao Yu, Yangyang Li, Xiaonan Hu, Daliang Zhang, Ye Tao, Zhixiong Liu, Yongmin He, Md. Azimul Haque, Zheng Liu, Tom Wu & Qi Jie Wang. (2019). Narrow bandgap oxide nanoparticles coupled with graphene for high performance mid-infrared photodetection. Nature Communications, 9, 4299.
- Jun Di, Jiexiang Xia,* Matthew F. Chisholm, Jun Zhong, Chao Chen, Xingzhong Cao, Fan Dong, Zhen Chi, Hailong Chen, Yu-Xiang Weng, Jun Xiong, Shi-Ze Yang,* Huaming Li, Zheng Liu,* Sheng Dai. (2019). Defects-Tailoring Mediated Electron-Hole Separation in Single Unit Cell Bi3O4Br Nanosheets for Boosting Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution and Nitrogen Fixation. Advanced Materials, .
- Jun Di, Chao Chen, Shi-Ze Yang, Shuangming Chen, Meilin Duan, Jun Xiong, Chao Zhu, Ran Long, Wei Hao, Zhen Chi, Hailong Chen, Yu-Xiang Weng, Jiexiang Xia,* Li Song,* Shuzhou Li, Huaming Li, Zheng Liu*. (2019). Isolated single atom cobalt in Bi3O4Br atomic layers to trigger efficient CO2 photoreduction. Nature Communications, .
- Jun Di, Xiaoxu Zhao, Cheng Lian, Mengxia Ji, Jiexiang Xia,* Jun Xiong, Wu Zhou, Xingzhong Cao, Yuanbin She, Honglai Liu, Kian Ping Loh, Stephen Pennycook,* Huaming Li, Zheng Liu,*. (2019). Atomically-thin Bi2MoO6 nanosheets with vacancy pairs for improved photocatalytic CO2 reduction. Nano Energy, 61, 54–59.
- Q. Fu, C. Zhu, X. Zhao, X.Wang**, A.Chaturvedi, C.Zhu, X.Wang, Q.Zeng, .Zhou, F.Liu, B.K.Tay, H.Zhang, S.J.Pennycook, Z.Liu,. (2019). Ultrasensitive 2D Bi2O2Se Phototransistors on Silicon Substrate, Advanced Materials,. Advanced Materials, 31(1), 1804945.