|Dr. Zheng Liu received his B.S. degrees (2005) at Nankai University (China), and completed his Ph.D at National Center for Nanoscience and Technology (NCNST), China, under the guidance of Prof. Lianfeng Sun. He then worked in Prof. Pulickel M. Ajayan and Prof. Jun Lou’s groups as a joint postdoc research fellow (2010~2012) and research scientist (2012~2013) at Rice University. Dr. Zheng Liu's research focus on the synthesis, characterizations and applications of novel two-dimensional (2D) crystals, including nitrides (hexagonal boron nitride, h-BN), oxides, transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs, MoS2, WS2, MoSe2 etc.) He has made great contributions to the 2D materials based nanoelectronics, active nano-systems and high performance energy components, e.g. graphene/h-BN resonators, graphene photodetectors, high-density capacitors, ultrafast lithium storage. He has published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers in top journals such as Nat Mater, Nat Nanotech, Nat Comm, Nano Lett, Adv Mater, JACS, ACS Nano, Small etc. These work have been reported by the impact media such as Science daily, IEEE spectrum etc., and highlighted by the top journals such as Nat Phys, Nat Nanotech, Chem Int Ed, etc. He was a recipient of the 2012 World Technology Award in Energy category. This award has been presented as a way to honor those in doing "the innovative work of the greatest likely long-term significance." He was awarded the Singapore NRF Fellowship in 2013.|
- Varrla Eswaraiah, Qingsheng Zeng, Yi Long, Zheng Liu. (2016). Black Phosphorus Nanosheets: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications. Small, , DOI: 10.1002/smll.201600032.
- F. Liu, S. Zheng, X. He, A. Chaturvedi, J. He, W.L. Chow, T.R. Mion, X. Wang, J. Zhou, Q. Fu, H.J. Fan, B.K. Tay, L. Song, R.H. He, C. Kloc, P. M. Ajayan, Z. Liu. (2016). Highly Sensitive Detection of Polarized Light Using Anisotropic 2D ReS2. Advanced Functional Materials, 26, 1169-1177.
- P. Yu, X. Yu, W. Lu, H. Lin, L. Sun, K. Du, F. Liu, W. Fu, Q. Zeng, Z. Shen, C. Jin, Q.J. Wang, Z. Liu. (2016). Fast Photoresponse from 1T Tin Diselenide Atomic Layers. Advanced Functional Materials, .
- Yan, J., Xia, J., Wang, X., Liu, L., Kuo, J.-L., Tay, B. K., Chen, S., Zhou, W., Liu, Z. & Shen, Z. X. (2015). Stacking-Dependent Interlayer Coupling in Trilayer Mo52 with Broken Inversion Symmetry. Nano Letters, .
- Zheng, S., Sun, L., Zhou, X., Liu, F., Liu, Z., Shen, Z. & Fan, H. J. (2015). Coupling and Interlayer Exciton in Twist-Stacked WS2 Bilayers. Advanced Optical Materials, .