|Assoc Prof (Adj) Zhang Ying |
Adjunct Associate Professor
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6592 3071
- PhD Southeast University 1995
- ME Southeast University 1992
- BE Southeast University 1989
|Prof Zhang Ying is currently in School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He received his B.E., M.E., and Ph.D. degrees from Southeast University, respectively in 1989, 1992 and 1995. From 1996 to 1997, he was a postdoctoral fellow with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Since 1998, he has been working with Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology, now as Senior Scientist and group manager of Precision Measurements Group. He is concurrently an adjunct associate professor of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Dr. Zhang is the recipient of the National Outstanding Doctorial Dissertation Award from the State Council of China in 1999; the receipt of the Best Project Award of Photonics Europe’2004 from SPIE in 2004; the receipt of the IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award in 2005; the Best Paper Award of International Symposium for Testing and Failure Analysis 2008.|
|His current research interests include optical precision measurements, near-field optics, adaptive control and signal processing, image processing, and optical communication.|
- B. P. Ng, Y. Zhang, S. W. Kok and Y. C. Soh. (2009). An Improved Dynamic Model of Tuning Fork Probe for Scanning Probe Microscopy. Journal of Microscopy-Oxford, 234(2), 191-195.
- B. P. Ng, Y. Zhang, S. W. Kok and Y. C. Soh. (2009). Improve Performance of Scanning Probe Microscopy by Balancing Tuning Fork Prongs. Ultramicroscopy, 109(4), 291-295.
- Zhang Ying, Soh Yeng Chai, Wen C. (1997). Indirect Closed-loop Identification by Optimal Instrumental Variable Method. Automatica, 33(12), 2269-2271.