|Asst Prof Kang Yuejun|
Division of Bioengineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6316 2894
- PhD Vanderbilt University 2008
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2005
- BE Univ of Science & Technology of China 2000
|Dr. Kang Yuejun earned his PhDs in Mechanical Engineering from Vanderbilt University (Nashville, Tennessee, USA) in 2008 and Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) in 2005, respectively. His first PhD was focused on fundamental research in electrokinetic phenomena in microfluidics and the second PhD was focused on experimental research in application of microfluidics-based lab-on-a-chip technology for developing biomedical microdevices. Before he joined SCBE at NTU in late March 2011, Yuejun worked as a postdoctoral researcher in Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) and Los Alamos National Laboratory (New Mexico, USA). With more than 10 years of research experience in microfluidics area, Yuejun has accomplished original research in fundamental microfluidics, nonlinear electrokinetic phenomena, and development of integrated microdevices for biomedical detection and manipulation. Yuejun has published more than 30 peer-reviewed research papers in leading international journals in addition to book chapters, critical reviews, and conference proceedings. Yuejun also serves the broad research community as an editorial board member for the American Journal of Biomedical Engineering and an ad-hoc reviewer for 24 international journals. His current research is focused on micro/nano-fluidics based lab-on-a-chip devices for analysis of biological cells/elements with biomedical, bio-energy, and environmental applications.|
for detailed information: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/yuejun.kang/
|Micro/Nano-fluidics, Lab on a Chip, Cellular Mechanobiology, On-Chip Tissue Engineering, On-Chip Flow Cytometer, Biosensors, Therapeutic Microdevices.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2014-) [by MOE]
- NTU Internal Funding - Start Up Grant - College of Engineering (2011-) [by College of Engineering]
- National Medical Research Council (2011-2014) [by National Medical Research Council (NMRC)]
- SMART-NTU Innovation Grant (2014-)
- Seed Funding (2012-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Seed Funding (2013-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Controllable cell fusion chip for neurodegenerative therapy
- Fabrication of physeal growth plate by microfluidic tissue engineering technique
- Micro-needles for Keloid Management based on the Contact Inhibition Effect
- Micro-needles for keloid management based on the contact inhibition effect
- Multi-Module On-chip Droplet Cytometry for High-throughput Analysis of Intercellular Dynamics
- Rapid Monitoring Fecal Indicator Bacteria Using Paper Chip Electrochemical Immunoassay
- Self-care in Keloid Management with Skin-penetrating Microneedles and Drug-releasing Nanoparticles
- Start-up grant (Kang Yuejun)
- The role of non-adsorbing macromolecules in the increased adhesion of erthrocytes to the endothelial cells in diabetes mellitus and beta thalassemia
- Yafeng Wu, Peng Xue, Kam M. Hui*, Yuejun Kang*. (2014). A Paper-based Microfluidic Electrochemical Immunodevice Integrated with Amplification-by-polymerization for the Ultrasensitive Multiplexed Detection of Cancer Biomarkers. Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 52, 180-187.
- Shreyas Kuddannaya#, Yon Jin Chuah#, Min Hui Adeline Lee, Nishanth Venugopal Menon, Yuejun Kang*, Yilei Zhang*. (2013). Surface chemical modification of Poly(dimethylsiloxane) for enhanced adhesion and proliferation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, , In press. DOI: 10.1021/am402903e.
- Jinhong Guo, Tze Sian Pui, Yong-Ling Ban, Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman, Yuejun Kang*. (2013). Electrokinetic Analysis of Cell Translocation in Low-Cost Microfluidic Cytometry for Tumor Cell Detection and Enumeration. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, , In press, DOI: 10.1109/TBME.2013.2278014.
- Peng Xue, Kai Ye, Jie Gao, Yafeng Wu, Jinhong Guo, Kam M. Hui*, Yuejun Kang*. (2013). Isolation and Elution of Hep3B Circulating Tumor Cells Using a Dual-functional Herringbone Chip. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, , In press, DOI: 10.1007/s10404-013-1250-5.
- Yafeng Wu, Peng Xue, Yuejun Kang*, Kam M. Hui*. (2013). Paper-based Microfluidic Electrochemical Immunodevice Integrated with Nanobioprobes Onto Graphene Film for Ultrasensitive Multiplexed Detection of Cancer Biomarkers. Analytical Chemistry, 85, 8661-8668.