|Assoc Prof Yang Yanhui |
Division of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6316 8940
- PhD Yale University 2005
- MS Yale University 2001
- MS Tsinghua University 2001
- BE Tsinghua University 1998
|Dr. Yang received his B.S. degree in chemical engineering from Tsinghua University and Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering from Yale University in 1998 and 2005, respectively. His doctoral advisor is Prof. Gary L. Haller. Dr. Yang joined School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore as an assistant professor in August 2005 right after He graduated from Yale. Dr. Yang’s primary research area is heterogeneous catalysis over metals and metal oxides. In particular, Dr. Yang is interested in understanding the fundamental catalytic concepts and phenomena using well-defined model catalyst and chemically probed reactions. The model reactions in his laboratory include aerobic oxidation of alcohols, selective hydrogenation of aldehyde, epoxidation using air, CO2 utilization (dry reforming and CO2 methanation), and SWCNT production. Along with Dr. Yang’s main research interests, he also employs the high surface area materials for various applications, e.g., protein separation, UPLC separation, enantioselective drug adsorption and release.|
|Heterogeneous catalysis on metals and metal oxides.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2009-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2010-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Thematic Strategic Research Program - Bioenergy (2009-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-2013) [by MOE]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2013-)
- NEA Environment Technology Research Programme (2013-) [by National Environmental Agency (NEA)]
- Seed Funding (2012-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- A Novel Pyrolysis-reforming process for fuel oil recovery from Mixed Plastic Waste
- Bio-renewables for chemicals and energy
- Catalytic conversion of cellulose, biomass derived platform chemicals towards a more environmentally sustainable energy and chemical economy
- Development of novel multi-dimensional channeled solid supports and their applications in enantiopurity analyses using ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC)
- Facet-Controllable Ultra-Thin Metal Nanostructures towards Efficient Catalysis
- Model Migration for Rapid Model-based Optimal Design of Catalysts
- Next Generation Fuels: Upgrading of Biomass-derived Pyrolysis Oil
- Shao-Wen Cao, Jun Fang, Mohammad Mehdi Shahjamali, Zheng Wang, Zhen Yin, Yanhui Yang, Freddy Y. C. Boey, James Barber, Say Chye Joachim Loo and Can Xue. (2012). In situ growth of Au nanoparticles on Fe2O3 nanocrystals for catalytic applications. CrystEngComm, 14(21), 7229–7235.
- Yuan Chen*, Bo Wang, Yanhui Yang, Qiang Wang. (2010). Developments in Catalytic Methodology for (n,m) Selective Synthesis of SWNTsLuminescence: the Instrumental Key to the Future of Nanotechnology..
- Yuan Chen, Bo Wang, Yanhui Yang. (2009). AIChe Annual Meeting: Effect of diffferent catalyst supports on the (n,m) selectivity of single-walled carbon nanotube from Co-Mo catalyst.
- M.I. Hossain, T.Chen, Y.H. Yang & R. Lau. (2009, November ). A general method for accurate size determination from 2-D images. Paper presented at Annual AIChE Meeting, Nashville, Tennessee, USA.