|Asst Prof Zhou Yufeng|
Division of Engineering Mechanics
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4482
- PhD Duke University 2003
- MS Nanjing University 1999
- BS Nanjing University 1996
|B.S., 1996, Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Science, Nanjing University, P.R.China, majored in Electrical Engineering and Acoustics and minored in Computer Science and System |
M.S., 1999, Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Science, the National Key Laboratory of Modern Acoustics, the Institute of Acoustics, Nanjing University, P.R.China, majored in Acoustic Wave Propagation and Signal Processing
Ph.D., 2003, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science, Duke University, majored in Bioacoustics
May 2003 ~ Feb. 2006, Research Associate in Therapeutics Research Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, Duke University, USA
Feb. 2006 ~ Oct. 2006, Ultrasound Engineer in ImaRx Therapeutics Inc. USA
Dec. 2006 ~ June 2009, Senor Fellow in Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Center for Industrial and Medical Ultrasound, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington, USA
Dec. 2006 ~ June 2009, Research Scientist in Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Center for Industrial and Medical Ultrasound, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington, USA
|Image-guided ultrasound therapy;|
Interaction of ultrasound burst with microbubble;
Acoustic field characterization;
High-intensity focused ultrasound for cancer/tumor ablation;
Histotripsy technology (inducing soft tissue erosion by HIFU pulses);
Ultrasound-mediated drug delivery, gene transfection, and immune response;
Improving shock wave lithotripsy technology in stone fragmentation and vascular injury;
Sonothrombolysis technology (using diagnostic ultrasound pulses, microbubbles, and thrombolysis drugs in enhancing dissolution of blood clot for stroke patients);
Vascular occlusion using mechanical HIFU pulses;
Ultrasound application in nondestructive evaluation/testing (NDE/NDT).
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Biomedical Engineering Programme (BEP) (2012-2014) [by A*STAR Science and Engineering Institutes (SCEI)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Improving the technology of shock wave lithotripsy
- Investigation of High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound in Tumor Ablation
- Investigation of sonothrombolysis for the treatment of ischemic stroke
- Non-invasive Removal of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia by Extracorporeal Ultrasound under Imaging Guidance
- Precise visualization of fine needle aspiration under ultrasound guidance using MEMS technique
- Y.F. Zhou, J. Zia, C. Warren, F.L. Starr, A.A. Brayman, L.A. Crum, and J.H. Hwang. (2011). Targeted long-term venous occlusion using pulsed high-intensity focused ultrasound combined with a pro-inflammatory agent. ultrasound in medicine and biology, 37(10), 1653-1658.
- Y.F. Zhou, S.G. Kargl, and J.H. Hwang. (2011). The effect of the scanning pathway in high-intensity focused ultrasound therapy on lesion production. ultrasound in medicine and biology, 37(9), 1457-1468.
- Y.F. Zhou. (2011). Optimization of pressure field in shock wave lithotripsy: pressure waveform, distribution and sequence. VDM Publishing.
- Y.F. Zhou. (2011). High intensity focused ultrasound in clinical tumor ablation. World Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2(1), 8-27.
- Y.F. Zhou. (2010). Fast algorithm in estimating high intensity focused ultrasound induced lesions. International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design, 3(3), 215-225.