|Assoc Prof Yohanes Eko Riyanto|
Associate Chair (Undergraduate Education), School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Division of Economics
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD Catholic University of Louvain 2000
- MSc (Econ) Catholic University of Louvain 1995
- MA (Econ & Fin) Leeds University Business School 1994
- BSc (Econ) Gadjah Mada University 1991
|Associate Professor Yohanes Eko Riyanto joined the Division of Economics, School of Humanities and Social Sciences NTU in July 2009. Previously he was with the Department of Economics, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences NUS. Prior to that he was a post-doctoral fellow at the Department of Economics of the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. He obtained his Ph.D. in Economics from the Catholics University of Louvain/ Katholieke Universitiet Leuven (Leuven-Belgium).|
His current research is in the areas of Experimental and Behavioral Economics, and Applied Microeconomics. He is currently working on various topics investigating the economics of charitable giving using laboratory controlled and field experiments, social preferences, mechanisms to enhance cooperation and coordination in social dilemma settings, experimental asset markets, and many others. He has published win leading internationally refereed journals. He actively disseminated his research works in prestigious international conferences. His work has also been covered by the popular press such as the Economist, the Wall Street journal, Financial Times, the New Statesman, and others. He teaches Behavioral Economics and Microeconomics courses at both undergraduate and graduate level at Nanyang Technological University. Further information about him can be accessed from http://www.expernomics.com/yer.
|His general research themes are Applied Microeconomics, Experimental and Behavioral Economics, Industrial Organization and Corporate Finance and Governance.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-)
- IDA Grant Call on Cloud Computing (2012-)
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2012-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- Start Up Grant (2010-2013)
|Current Projects |
- Behavioral and Social Economics of Taxi Services
- Enhancing Cooperation in Social Dilemma: The Role of Non-Binding Default-Decision Options, Rewards and Punishments
- Experimental Studies on Behavioural and Organisational Economics
- Research on User Behaviour & Response
- The Economics of Taxi Services
- Ong, Qiyan, Yohanes E. RIYANTO, Steve Sheffrin. (2012). Does Voice Matter? Evidence from the Ultimatum Game. Experimental Economics, 15 (No.4)((4)), 604-621.
- Hur, Jung and Yohanes E. RIYANTO. (2012). Organizational Structure and Product Market Competition. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 21 (No.3), 707-743.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri and Yohanes E. RIYANTO. (2012). The Impact of Strategic Sale of Restructured banks: An Empirical Analysis of Indonesian Banks. World Development, 40 (No.3)(3), 446-457.
- Marco Haan, Bart Los, and Yohanes E. RIYANTO. (2011). Signaling Strength? An Analysis of Economic Decision Making in the Weakest Link. Theory and Decision, 71(4), pp. 519-537.
- Chongvilaivan, Aekapol, Jung Hur, and Yohanes E. RIYANTO. (2009). Outsourcing Types, Relative Wages, and the Demand for Skilled Workers: New Evidence from US Manufacturing. Economic Inquiry, 47(1), 18-33.