|Asst Prof Wu Yanhua |
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5515
- PhD (Theoretical & Applied Mechanics) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champag 2008
- MS (Mech Engrg) University of New Mexico 2004
- BEng (Engrg Thermophysics) Tianjin University 1997
- BA (Eng Sci & Tech) Tianjin University 1997
|Asst Prof Wu Yanhua joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in January 2011. He obtained his B.Eng. in Engineering Thermophysics and B.A. in English in Science and Technology in 1997 from Tianjin University, China. He then worked as a thermal control engineer for satellites in Beijing Institute of Spacecraft System Engineering in Beijing, China until 2001. He obtained his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of New Mexico in 2004 and his Ph.D. in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2008. He was an Assistant Professor in the department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at Wright State University in Dayton, OH, USA before joining NTU. He is a senior member of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, a member of American Society of Mechanical Engineering and American Physical Society.|
|Experimental diagnostics of complex fluid systems including smooth- and rough-wall turbulent flows, biological fluids, turbulence and flow control, unsteady aerodynamics of flapping wing flight, bio-mimic flows, multi-phase reactive flows, and fluid engineering related to renewable energy.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2014-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2013-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Start Up Grant (2011-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Active control of turbulent boundary layer using transverse travelling waves
- Experimental Investigation of Complex Interactions between Turbine, Multiple Wakes and Seabed Terrain in a Tidal Turbine Array
- Experimental Studies of Aero-fluid-dynamics of Flexible Tandem Flapping Wings
- Passive and Active Control of Turbulent Flows for Applications in Renewable Energy and Aerospace Engineering
- Y. Wu & H. Ren. (2014). Analysis of a realistic rough surface for its globally dominant parameters using continuous wavelets. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, , in press.
- J. Xie, Z. Wen, T.N.Wong, S. Yu, F.Duan, and Y. Wu. (2014). Thermal effect on the spray cone development of a pressure swirl nozzel in spray cooling. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, , in press.
- H.M. Lee & Y. Wu. (2013). An experimental study of stall delay on the blade of a horizontal-axis wind turbine using tomographic particle image velocimetry. Journal of Wind Engineering & Industrial Aerodynamics, 123, 155-169.
- Wu,Y., Ren,H., & Tang, H. (2013). Turbulent flow over a rough backward-facing step. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 44, 155-169.
- Lee, H.M & Wu,Y. (2013). Experimental study of rotational effect on stalling. Chin Phys Lett, 30(6), 064703.