|Asst Prof Lou Xiong Wen|
Division of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6316 8813
- PhD Cornell University 2008
- MEng National Univeraity of Singapore 2006
- BEng (Hons) National University of Singapore 2002
|Xiong Wen (David) Lou was born in Zhejiang, China, in 1978. He received his B.Eng. (2002) and M.Eng. (2004) in chemical engineering from the National University of Singapore. He received his Ph.D. in chemical engineering from Cornell University (with Professor Lynden A. Archer) in May 2008. He is currently an Assistant Professor in School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). As a leading author, he has published over 100 journal papers in good journals, such as JACS, Angew.Chem. Int.Ed., Advanced Materials. His papers are highly cited by others with a total ISI citation of over 3400 by July 2012. He received several awards, including the Esso Gold Medal, the Austin Hooey Prize, and the Liu Memorial Awards. He is one winner of TR35@Singapore 2012 by MIT Technology Review. Currently, he is an Associate Editor for Journal of Materials Chemistry (a RSC journal, with a 2011 IF of 5.97).
To learn most updated information about David, please visit his personal page: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/xwlou
|Nanomaterials for High-performance Lithium-ion Batteries and supercapacitors, Hollow nanostructures, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis|
|Research Grant |
- Clean Energy Research Programme (2010-)
- NTU Internal Funding - Sustainable Earth Office (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Design and Synthesis of Novel Nanostructured Anode Material for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries (LIBs)
- Design and synthesis of novel nanostructured anode material for high-performance lithium-ion batteries (LIBs)
- Design and synthesis of novel nanostructured anode materials for next-generation high-performance lithium-ion batteries (LIBs)
- High-Reliability, Long-life and Low-cost lithium Ion Batteries For Green Energy Storage Applications
- Start-up grant (David Lou XW)
- X.W. LOU, L. A. Archer, Z. C. Yang. (2008). Hollow Micro-/Nano-structures: Synthesis and Applications. Advanced Materials, 20.
- X. W. Lou, L. A. Archer. (2008). A General Route for Non-spherical Anatase TiO2 Hollow Colloids and Magnetic Multifunctinal Particls. Advanced Materials, 20, 1853.
- X.W. LOU, Deng D., Lee J. Y., Feng J., Archer L. A. (2008). Self-supported formation of needle-like nanotubes and their application as lithium-ion batteries electrodes. Advanced Materials, 20, 258.
- C. Yuan, H. Chen, X. W. Lou, L. A. Archer. (2008). DNA Bending Stiffness on Small Length Scales. Physical Review Letters, 100, 018102.
- X.W. LOU, Yuan C., Archer L.A. (2007). Double-Walled SnO2 Nano-Cocoons with Movable Magnetic Cores. Advanced Materials, 19, 3328.