|Asst Prof Qin Xiaosheng|
Division of Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
- PhD (Env Sys Eng) University of Regina 2008
- MEng (Env Eng) Hunan University 2001
- BEng (Env Eng) Hunan University 1998
- August 2009 to present - Assistant Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Jan 2008 to June 2009 - Environmental Scientist, Center for Studies in Energy and Environment (CSEE), University of Regina, Canada
- June 2001 to May 2002 - Research Assistant, Institute of Environmental Protection of Hunan University, P. R. China
- Editor, Journal of Geographic Information System (JGIS), 2010 -
- Guest Editors: Energy Sources, 2008; Petroleum Science and Technology, 2008; Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems, 2008
- Memberships: International Society for Environmental Information Sciences (ISEIS); Canadian Society of Civil Engineering (CSCE); American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); Petroleum Society – Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (PS-CIM); Canadian Water Resources Association (CWRA)
- Best Practice-Oriented Paper Award (ASCE ), Environmental Multi-Media Council, World Water & Environmental Resources Congress, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 06/2004
- Chinese Outstanding Abroad Student Award, China Scholarship Council, 06/2007
- Water resources and flood risk management
- Surface water quality modeling and control
- Climate change impact assessment and adaptation planning
- Groundwater modeling, risk assessment and site remediation
- Air quality control and solid waste management
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- NTU Internal Funding - Energy Research Institute@NTU (2011-)
- National Parks - NTU (2011-) [by National Parks Board]
- Start Up Grant (2009-) [by MOE]
|Current Projects |
- An Integrated Model Cascade with Uncertainty Estimation for Flood Inundation Modelling
- Combined Statistical Downscaling and Disaggregatioin of Regional Climate Data Considering Temporal and Spatial Variability
- Effects of Rainfall on Tree Stability
- Establishment of Green Roof Test Bed
- Integrated Simulation and Optimisation Approaches for Supporting Environment and Water Resources Management (DHI-NTU)
- Integrated simulation and optimization approaches for supporting environmental and water resources management
- Reducing Urban Heat Within JTC Estates by Installing Subsurface Water Cooling Systems
- Treatment of Uncertainty in Agricultural Odour Management in Canada
- Xu, Y.; Qin, X.S. (2010). Agricultural effluent control under uncertainty: an inexact double-sided fuzzy chance-constrained model. Advances in Water Resources, 33(9), 997-1014.
- Xu, Y.; Huang, G.H.; Qin, X.S. (2010). An inexact fuzzy-chance-constrained air quality management model. Journal of the Air & Waste Management, 60(7), 805-819.
- Xu, Y.; Huang, G.H.; Qin, X.S.; Cao, M.F.; Sun, Y. (2010). An Interval-Parameter Robust Optimization Model for Supporting Municipal Solid Waste Management under Uncertainty. Waste Management, 30(2), 316-327.
- Yang, A.L.; Huang, G.H.; Qin, X.S. (2010). An integrated simulation-assessment approach for evaluating health risks of groundwater contamination under multiple uncertainties. Water Resources Management, 24(13), 3349-3369.
- Su, J.; Huang, G.H.; Xi, B.D.; Li, Y.P.; Qin, X.S.; Huo, S.L.; Jiang, Y.H. (2009). A hybrid inexact optimization approach for solid waste management in the City of Foshan, China. Journal of Environmental Management, 91(2), 389-402.