|Asst Prof Nie Xiaofeng |
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5641
- PhD (Operations Research) State University of New York at Buffalo 2008
- MSc State University of New York at Buffalo 2005
- MPhil (Sys Eng & Eng Mgt) The Chinese University of Hong Kong 2002
- BEng (Civil Eng) Harbin Institute of Tech 2000
|Dr. Xiaofeng Nie is currently an assistant professor in the Division of Systems and Engineering Management of the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. He received his Bachelor degree in civil engineering from Harbin Institute of Technology, Master degree in systems engineering and engineering management from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and Ph.D. degree in operations research from University at Buffalo (SUNY). Before joining NTU, he was a postdoctoral research fellow in the Desautels Faculty of Management of McGill University. His research interests lie in the real-world applications of operations research.|
|Dr. Nie’s research interests focus on security, risk management, and optimization in transportation, logistics, and supply chains.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Start Up Grant (2010-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Optimal Procurement Strategies under Price Uncertainty
- Optimization Models for Casualty Response Planning during Catastrophic Health Events
- Nie, X., R. Batta, C.G. Drury and L. Lin. (2009). Passenger Grouping with Risk Levels in an Airport Security System. European Journal of Operational Research, 194(2), 574-584.
- Nie, X., R. Batta, C.G. Drury and L. Lin. (2009). The Impact of Joint Responses of Devices in an Airport Security System. Risk Analysis, 29(2), 298-311.
- Nie, X., R. Batta, C.G. Drury and L. Lin. (2007). Optimal Placement of Suicide Bomber Detectors. Military Operations Research, 12(2), 65-78.