|Asst Prof Qu Xingda |
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4458
- PhD Virginia Polytechnic Inst & State Univ 2008
- MS (Automation Control) Beijing U of Aeronautics & Astronautics 2004
- BS (Automation Control) Beijing U of Aeronautics & Astronautics 2001
|Dr Qu Xingda is an assistant professor in the school of mechanical and aerospace engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees in automation control in 2001 and 2004, respectively, from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He received the Ph.D degree in industrial and systems engineering from Virginia Tech in March 2008. His research interests lie in the areas of human motion simulation, balance control modeling, occupational biomechanics, and industrial ergonomics.|
|Human Factors Engineering
Human Factors Research Design
Industrial Ergonomics and Work Physiology
Occupational Safety and Health
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Workplace Safety and Health Institute (2013-) [by Ministry of Manpower]
|Current Projects |
- Balance recovery from slips after localized muscle fatigue at the lower limbs
- Behavior-centered, communications-reinforced approach to work place safety
- Effects of Occupational Risk Factors on Balance Control
- Physical Digital Human Modeling for Proactive Ergonomics
- Qu Xingda. (2010). Physical load handling and listening comprehension effects on balance control. Ergonomics, 53(12), 1461-1467.
- Qu Xingda. (2010). Low-level noise affects balance control differently when applied at different body parts. Journal of Biomechanics, 43(15), 2936-2940.
- Xingda Qu, Maury Nussbaum, Michael Madigan. (2009). Model-based assessments of the effects of age and ankle fatigue on the control of upright posture in humans. Gait and Posture, 30(4), 518-522.
- Qu X, and Nussbaum, MA. (2009). Evaluation of the Roles of Passive and Active Control of Balance using a Balance Control Model. Journal of Biomechanics, 42(12), 1850-1855.
- Qu, X., and Nussbaum, M.A. (2009). Effects of external loads on balance control during upright stance: Experimental results and model-based predictions. Gait and Posture, 29(1), 23-30.