|Asst Prof Wu Kan|
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5584
- PhD (Industrial & Sys Eng) Georgia Institute of Technology 2009
- MSc (IEOR) University of California at Berkeley 1996
- BA (Nuclear Eng) National Tsing Hua University 1994
|Dr. Kan Wu is currently an assistant professor in the Division of Systems and Engineering Management, NTU. He received the B.S. degree from National Tsinghua University in Taiwan, M.S. degree from University of California at Berkeley in 1996, and Ph.D. degree from Georgia Institute of Technology in 2009 (Major in ISyE). He has over 10 years of experience in the semiconductor industry, from consultants to managers. Before joining NTU, he was the CTO and founding team member of a startup company in the US. His PhD dissertation was awarded the third place for the IIE Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award in 2010. His research interests are primarily in the performance evaluation of supply chains and manufacturing systems.|
Home page: https://sites.google.com/site/kan626/
|Performance Evaluation, Productivity Improvement, Capacity Planning, Queueing Theory, Supply Chain Management, Scheduling and Dispatching in Manufacturing Systems|
|Research Grant |
- GSK-Singapore Partnership (2012-) [by Economic Development Board (EDB), GlaxoSmithKline Pte Ltd]
- Singapore Food Industries - NTU (2013-) [by Singapore Food Industries Pte Ltd]
- Start Up Grant (-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Productivity enhancement for retort tray meal automation and integration
- Reducing Excess Production of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient during Early-Phase Development
- Taxonomy of Batching Models in Manufacturing Systems
- Wu, K., and L. F. McGinnis. (2013). Interpolation approximations for queues in series. IIE Transactions, 45(3), 273-290.
- Wu, K., and L. F. McGinnis. (2012). Performance evaluation for general queueing networks in manufacturing systems: characterizing the trade-off between queue time and utilization. European Journal of Operational Research, 221(2), 328-339.
- Wu, K., L. F. McGinnis, and B. Zwart. (2011). Queueing models for a single machine subject to multiple types of interruptions. IIE Transactions, 43(10), 753-759.
- Wu, K., L. F. McGinnis, and B. Zwart. (2011). Approximating the performance of a batch service queue using the M/M-k/1 model. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 8(1), 95-102.
- Wu, K. (2005). An examination of variability and its basic properties for a factory. IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 18(1), 214-221.