|Asst Prof Tay Wee Peng|
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6280
- PhD (ElectEng & CompSc) Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2008
- MS (ElectEng) Stanford University 2002
- BS (Maths & ElectEng) (Dist) Stanford University 2002
|Dr Tay Wee Peng received the BS degree in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics, and the MS degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in 2002. He received the PhD degree in Electrical engineering and Computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2008. From 2008 to 2010, he was a quantitative finance researcher and strategist in Lehman Brothers and Morgan Stanley, using statistical and probabilistic techniques to model financial markets. Since March 2010, he is an Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. His main research interests are in distributed signal processing and algorithms, data fusion and decision making in sensor networks, information theory, machine learning and applied probability. He consults for Morgan Stanley Asia on the use of statistical techniques in financial modelling. Dr. Tay received the President’s Award from Stanford University in 1999, and the Frederick Emmons Terman Engineering Scholastic Award in 2002.|
|- distributed signal processing and algorithms|
- data fusion, decision making
- sensor network management and performance analysis
- information theory
- machine learning
- applied probability and statistics
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2012-2015) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2013-2015) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- NTU Internal Funding – Nanyang Institute of Technology in Health & Medicine (NITHM) (2011-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Start Up Grant (2010-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Distributed Signal Processing and Algorithms for Decentralized Decision Making and Computation in Sensor Networks
- GPS Free TDOA-FDOA Geolocation and Tracking II
- Intelligent Information Fusion and Inference in Sensor Networks (I3SN)
- Project Technifibre
- UWB Monitoring System for Sleep Studies
- Y. Nijsure, W.P. Tay, E. Gunawan, F. Wen, Y. Zhang, Y.L. Guan, and A.P. Chua. (2013). An impulse radio ultra wideband system for contactless non-invasive respiratory monitoring. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 60(6), 1509-1517.
- M. Leng, W.P. Tay, C.M.S. See, and S. Gulam Razul. (2013). Fundamental limits for location and velocity estimation using asynchronous beacons. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference.
- Y. Zhang, W.P. Tay, and K.H. Li. (2013). Distributed boundary estimation for spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference.
- D.W. Soh, W.P. Tay, and T.Q.S. Quek. (2012). Randomized Information Dissemination in Dynamic Environments. IEEE-ACM Transactions on Networking, .
- T.M. Nguyen, T.Q.S. Quek, W.P. Tay, and H. Shin. (2012). Interference alignment in a Poisson field of MIMO femtocells. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, .