|Asst Prof Chang Wei-Chung |
Deputy Director, Residues and Resource Reclamation Centre
Division of Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4773
- PhD Stanford University 2005
- MS Stanford University 2000
- BS Tamkang University 1995
|Dr. Chang is current in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering since Oct. 2006.
He received his Bachelor degree in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering from Tamkang University, and his Master and PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Stanford University (CA, USA). He also worked as a post-doctoral research scientist at Stanford University.(2005-2006) Dr. Chang's research interests mainly focus in air quality field, including air pollutions from mobile combustion sources, physical and chemical process of ultrafine particle evolution, indoor air quality, and human exposure analysis. He also serves as a reviwer for ES&T and JAWMA. Dr. Chang is the member of ASCE and AAAR since 2004. His work has been presented in the peer-reviewed publications and international conferences.
|Dr. Chang's areas of research include the investigation of air pollutions from mobile combustion sources, physical and chemical process of ultrafine particle evolution, indoor air quality, and human exposure analysis. He also shows interests in HVAC and air purification system using photocatalytic reaction and automation. He has working with multi-discipline collaborators including mechanical engineering and electrical/electronic engineering.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR-MND Green Building Joint Grant Call (2012-) [by Ministry of National Development (MND), A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Housing and Development Board - NTU (2011-) [by Housing & Development Board]
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2010-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- NRF CREATE (2012-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2010-) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2010-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - Sustainable Earth Office (2012-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Development of a User-Friendly Evaluation Tool for Design and Analysis of Building Energy Efficiency
- Emerging Organic Contaminants in Catchment Surface Waters of the Marina Bay
- Energy efficiency and indoor air-conditioned buildings (BCA)
- Environmental Logistics: The Case of Oil Rig Supply Chain
- High Performance Cool Roof Coating for Green Buildings
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- Study of Cool Roof Materials for HDB Buildings
- Study of Transport Energy Efficiency, Methodology, Practice and Policy Effect
- Sustainable Urban Waste Management for 2020_Project 1: Communities As Renewable Resource Recovery Centres
- Sustainable Urban Waste Management for 2020_Project 2: Wastewater Treatment Plants As Urban Eco Power Stations
- Sustainable Urban Waste Management for 2020_Project 3: Rapid Land Reclamation of Closed Urban Dumping Grounds
- Using Cool (High Albedo) Building Pavement Surfaces as a strategic measure for energy saving and reduction of heat island effect in Singapore
- Zhenan Han, Victor-Weichung Chang, Xiaoping Wang, Teik-Thye Lim, Lynn Hildemann. (2013). Experimental study on visible-light induced photocatalytic oxidation of gaseous formaldehyde by polyester fiber supported photocatalysts. Chemical Engineering Journal, 218, 9-18.
- Jiefeng Zhang, Apostolos Giannis, Victor W.C. Chang , Bernard J.H. Ng & Jing-Yuan Wang. (2013). Adaptation of urine source separation in tropical cities: Process optimization and odor mitigation. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 63(4), 472-481.
- Giin-Yu Amy Tan, Chia-Lung Chen, Lei Zhao, Yu Mo, Victor W.-C. Chang, Jing-Yuan Wang. (2012). An HPLC-DAD method for rapid and high resolution analysis of concentrated BTEX and styrene aqueous samples. Analytical Methods, 4, 3545-3550.
- Bernard J.H. Ng, Apostolos Giannis, Victor Chang, Rainer Stegmann and Jing-Yuan Wang. (2012). Modeling Decentralized Source-Separation Systems for Urban Waste Management. International Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 6, 283-287.
- Zhou J, Chang V.W.-C, Fang A.G. (2011). Life Cycle Assessment of Reverse Osmosis Desalination: the Influence of Different Life Cycle Impact Assessment Methods on Characterization Results. Desalination, .