|Asst Prof Wang Ping|
Division of Networks & Distributed Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6822
- PhD University of Waterloo 2008
- MASc (Elect & Info Engrg) Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech. 1997
- BE (Elect & Info Engrg) Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech. 1994
|Wang Ping received the BE and MASc degrees from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, in 1994 and 1997, respectively, and the PhD degree from University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, in 2008, all in electrical engineering. Since June 2008, she has been an assistant professor in the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Her current research interests include QoS provisioning and resource allocation in multimedia wireless communications. She was a corecipient of a Best Paper Award from the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC ’07). She is an Associate Editor of EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking and International Journal of Ultra Wideband Communications and Systems.
She is a member of IEEE.
|- Multimedia wireless communications
- Distributed resource allocation
- Quality-of-service (QoS) provisioning
- Medium access control, call admission control, and congestion control
- Cross-layer design
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Design and Analysis of Cloud Computing for Data Value Chain: Operation Research Approach
- Protocol Design and Application of IEEE 802.22-Based Wireless Regional Area Network (WRAN)
- QoS provisioning for multimedia applications over wireless mesh networks
- Radio Resource Management over Cognitive Radio Networks
- P. Wang and W. Zhuang. (2009). A collision-free MAC scheme for multimedia wireless mesh backbone. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, .
- P. Wang, H. Jiang, and W. Zhuang. (2008). A new MAC scheme supporting voice/data traffic in wireless ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 7(12), 1491-1503.
- P. Wang, H. Jiang, W. Zhuang, and H.V. Poor. (2008). Redefinition of max-min fairness in multi-hop wireless networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 7(12), 4786-4791.
- H. Jiang, P. Wang, W. Zhuang, and H.V. Poor. (2008). Service time analysis of a distributed medium access control scheme. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 7(10), 3988-3998.
- P. Wang and W. Zhuang. (2008). A token-based scheduling scheme for WLANs supporting voice/data traffic and its performance analysis. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 7(4).