January 2006 Ph.D in Chemical Engineering and Materials Science (University of Minnesota-twin cities)
Aug 2001 Ph.D in Physics (National University of Singapore)
March 1997 Msc in theoretical physics at ZheJiang University
Jun 1993 Bachelor of Science in Physics at ZheJiang University (Zhu Ke Zhen scholarship, the highest honour of ZheJiang University)
Jan, 2006 – present Assistant Professor, School of Physics and Mathematical science, Nanyang Technological University
Relevant research experience:
Assistant Professor Wang Lan has nine years research experience in magnetic materials including six years experience of the research on strongly correlated system (sulphides and oxides) and spintronics. In recent two years, his group focus on novel spintronic materials and devices based on strongly correlated oxides and transparent oxides. Based on the Physical Property Measurement System in his lab, his group investigates magnetic, electrical transport, thermoelectric, and thermodynamic properties of novel materials and devices. Using a Laser MBE system and a UHV sputtering system, his group fabricates oxide multilayer structures for spintronic and thermoelectric application. His expertise includes techniques for UHV system, thin film deposition, high resolution XRD, magnetometry, electrical transport measurement, thermodynamic measurement and Andreev reflection measurement.
- Correlated Electron Systems for Beyond Si-based Information Technology
- Magneto-Optical Spectroscopy of Tunable Highly Spin Polarized Ferromagnetic Systems
- Multi-functional Spintronic Materials and Devices
- Perovskite oxides based sintronics
- Quantum Transport and Optical Spectroscopy Studies of Topological Insulator
- Start Up Grant
- Z. P. Li, M. Bosman, Z. Yang, P. Ren, L. Wang, X. J. Yu, C. Ke, W. Zhu, Z. L. Dong, Y. L. Foo. (2012). Oxygen Vacancies Induced Cation Nonstoichiometry and Anomalous Magnetic Properties of Manganite Thin Film. Advanced Functional Materials, 22, 4312-4321.
- Zhipeng Li, Michel Bosman, Zhen Yang, Peng Ren, Lan Wang, Liang Cao, Xiaojiang Yu, Chang Ke, Mark B. H. Breese, Andrivo Rusydi, Weiguang Zhu,* Zhili Dong,* and Yong Lim Foo*. (2012). Interface and Surface Cation Stoichiometry Modified by Oxygen Vacancies in Epitaxial Manganite Films. Advanced Functional Materials, .
- Wang BM, Liu Y, Xia B, Ren P, Wang L. (2012). Large exchange bias obtainable through zero-field cooling from an unmagnetized state in Ni-Mn-Sn alloys. Journal of Applied Physics, 111, 043912.
- Z. Yang, C. Ke, L. L. Sun, W. Zhu, H. B. Lu and Wang Lan. (2011). Epitaxial Growth of CoFe2O4 on SrTiO3 (100) and MgO (100) Substrates without Buffer Layer by Laser MBE Technique. Thin Solid Films, 519, 2067-2070.
- C. Ke, W. Zhu, J. S. Pan, Z. Yang, Z. P. Li and L. Wang. (2011). Tunable room temperature ferromagnetism in Sn0.93Fe0.05M0.02O2-σ (M=Sb/Mg): the role of electron- and hole-doping. J. Alloy Comp, 509(15), 5008-5011.