|Asst Prof Wang Gang|
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5484
- PhD (Elect & CompEng) U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2010
- BS (Elect & CompEng) Harbin Institute of Technology 2005
|Wang Gang is an Assistant Professor with the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), and a research scientist at the Advanced Digital Science Center. He received his B.S. degree from Harbin Institute of Technology in Electrical Engineering in 2005 and the PhD degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2010. During his PhD study, he is a recipient of the prestigious Harriett \& Robert Perry Fellowship (2009-2010) and CS/AI award (2009) at UIUC.
His research interests include computer vision and machine learning. Particularly, he is focusing on object recognition, scene analysis, large scale machine learning, and deep learning. His research is currently sponsored by Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Ministry of Education (MOE), Media Development Authority (MDA), SPRING Singapore, and Agency for Science Technology and Research (A*STAR). Beyond pursuing scientific impact, he is also interested in solving real-world problems and commercializing research technologies. He serves as founders and consultants for several (start-up) companies.
Wang Gang is a member of IEEE. He is actively involved in the reviewing process of top journals and conferences such as the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI) and the International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), etc. He has filed a US patent.
- Object Recognition
- Scene Understanding
- Activity Analysis
- Computer Vision and the Internet
-Large Scale Learning
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- IDM R&D Programme (2012-2017) [by Media Development Authority (MDA)]
- NTU Internal Funding - Start Up Grant - College of Engineering (2011-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Automatically Recognizing Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) Using Advanced Depth Cameras and Intelligent Computer Vision Techniques
- Fast Identifying and Verifying Trees and Shrubs for a Greener Singapore
- Structured Object Database Collection and Analysis
- Jiwen Lu, Yap-Peng Tan, Gang Wang, and Gao Yang. (2012). Image-to-Set Face Recognition Using Locality Repulsion Projections and Sparse Reconstruction-Based Similarity Measure. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, .
- Qiang Zhou, Gang Wang. (2012). Learning to Recognize Unsuccessful Activities Using a Two-Layer Latent Structural Model. ECCV.
- Jiwen Lu, Junlin Hu, Xiuzhuan Zhou, Yuanyuan Shang, Yap-Peng, Tan, Gang Wang. (2012). Neighborhood Repulsed Metric Learning for Kinship Verification. CVPR.
- Jiwen Lu, Yap-Peng, and Gang Wang. (2012). Discriminative Multi-Manifold Analysis for Face Recognition from a Single Training Sample per Perso. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, .
- Gang Wang, Derek Hoiem, and David Forsyth. (2012). Learning Image Similarity from Flickr Groups Using Fast Kernel Machines. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, .