|Asst Prof Thai Van Vinh |
Division of Infrastructure Systems and Maritime Studies
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
- PhD University of Tasmania 2006
- MSc with Dist (Maritime Affairs) World Maritime University 2001
- BSc (Transport Economics) Vietnam Maritime University 1997
|Asst. Prof Thai Van Vinh is currently with the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering since June 2009. He received his Bachelor degree in Maritime Economics from Vietnam Maritime University, Master degree from World Maritime University in Sweden, and Ph.D. degree from the Australian Maritime College, University of Tasmania, Australia. His research interests include quality management in maritime transport, maritime safety and security management, risk management in shipping, maritime logistics and supply chain management. He has been invited to speak at various international and local conferences, and has published widely in maritime and related journal. Dr. Thai is currently associate editor of the Asian Journal of Shipping and Logistics, a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics in Singapore where he is also serving as Director of Education.|
|Asst. Prof Thai Van Vinh areas of expertise are quality management in maritime transport, maritime safety and security management, risk management in shipping, logistics and supply chain, maritime logistics management, shipping logistics and port logistics, port performance management, supply chain integration, and relationship management in supply chain. His current research works focus on service quality in maritime transport, security risk management in maritime transport, and security implementation impact on performance of shipping and port organizations.|
|Research Grant |
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore - NTU (2011-) [by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)]
- NTU Internal Funding - Sustainable Earth Office (2012-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Singapore Maritime Institute (2012-) [by Singapore Maritime Institute (SMI)]
|Current Projects |
- Contemporary research issues in Maritime Business and Management
- Environmental Logistics: The Case of Oil Rig Supply Chain
- Research on Port Dues, Port Charges and Port Pricing Policy
- The Maritime Public Leaders' Programme
- Thai, V. V. and Latta, T. (2010). Employment Brand Strategy for the Shortage of Seafarers. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 2(4), 411-428.
- Tunidau, J. and Thai, V. V. (2010). Critical Factors for Successful Implementation of the ISM Code in some Pacific Islands States. WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs, 9(1), 63-80.
- Thai, V. V. (2009). Effective Maritime Security: Conceptual Model and Empirical Evidence. Maritime Policy and Management, 36(2), 147-163.
- Thai, V. V. (2008). Service Quality in Maritime Transport: Conceptual Model and Empirical Evidence. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 20(4), 493-518.
- Thai, V. V. (2007). Impacts of Security Improvements on Service Quality in Maritime Transport: An Empirical Study of Vietnam. Maritime Economics & Logistics, 9(4), 335-356.