|Asst Prof Vladimir Todorovic|
School of Art, Design and Media
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Phone: (+65)6513 8247
Office: ART 2-6
- MFA (Art Studio) University of California, Santa Barbara 2004
- BS (Plastic Arts - Painting) University of Arts in Belgrade 2001
|Vladimir Todorovic, born 1977. Zrenjanin (Serbia), studied visual arts at the Academy of Fine Arts in Belgrade and University of California Santa Barbara. Currently, he is working as Assistant Professor at the School of Art, Design and Media, NTU, Singapore. He co-founded the new media art collective called ‘syntfarm’ based in Singapore and the Institute for Flexible Cultures and Technologies 'NAPON' in Novi Sad, Serbia. |
Vladimir Todorovic is an experimental filmmaker, new media artist and an educator. His recent generative movie, Silica-esc has been awarded with a Special Mention for the category Computer Art of the international competition Visions from the Future 2010 Iridescent Worlds and as a jury recommended work of Japan’s Media Art Festival. His debut feature “Water Hands” premiered as a part of the Bright Future section of the 40th international Film Festival Rotterdam 2011. It received a special mention award at Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival.
His films and projects were shown in numerous international venues including: FEST, SEAFF, YIDFF, CINDI, Cinemanila, 40th and 39th International Film Festival Rotterdam, Impakt, ISEA2010, Ars Electronica, l'Alternativa 2010, Curtas Vila do Conde, Rencontres Internationales 09, Videoformes, ICA Singapore, ISEA08, Enter3, Wired NextFest, Dislocate07, ISEA06, Siggraph 06, Transmediale 05, File 2004, MuseumsQuartier Vienna, Machinista, Entermutlimediale 2, WRO 05, Museum of Contemporary Arts Belgrade, and many others.
|Todorovic's areas of expertise include: experimental and documentary film, and generative art|
selected creative projects:
Disappearing Landscape, feature length film
Five Stages of the Myth, with Syntfarm
Formations, generative film, with Syntfarm
Silica-Esc, generative movie
The Snail on the Slope, generative movie,
NilDegree, computer game,
Groundpulse, mobile seismometer, with Syntfarm,
Synt-hazards, rapid prototypes – objects, public art commission, with Syntfarm,
“Gardenhost” urban intervention project - with Fabrizio Galli, Ing Ing and Yang Ying,
Syntboutique, installation, with Syntfarm,
Ad-Hoc, performance, with Syntfarm,
KA, performance, with Syntfarm and BTC, performance with Syntfarm,
Prague Soil, with Syntfarm,
Metazoa Ludens - augmented reality games for pets, with Mixed Reality Lab Singapore,
Transcoded Nature – mixed reality game, with Raster,
Cycloglyphs - GPS based media exploration of Belgrade, with Raster,
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Open Source Systems for Generative 3D Motion Graphics
- R.K.C Tan, A.D. Cheok, R. Peiris, V. Todorovic, H.C. Loi, C.W. Loh, D.T.K. Nguyen, J.Y.P. Sen, E.Z. Yio, T.B.S. Derek. (2008). Metazoa Ludens: Mixed Reality Interactions and Play for Small Pets and Humans. Leonardo, 41(3), 308-309.
- R.K.C.Tan, V. Todorovic, A.D. Cheok, J.K.S. Teh, S.P. Lee and G. Andrejin. (2006). Metazoa Ludens Playing games with pets. ACM Siggraph 06 Sketches.
- R.K.C.Tan, V. Todorovic, A.D. Cheok, J.K.S. Teh, S.P. Lee and G. Andrejin. (2006). Metazoa Ludens. ACM SIGCHI - ACE06 (pp. 22).
- R.K.C.Tan, V. Todorovic, A.D. Cheok, G. Andrejin, J.K.S. Teh and S.P. Lee. (2006). Metazoa Ludens: Mixed Reality environment for playing computer games with pets. Journal of Computational Information System, 2(6), 861-865.
- R.K.C.Tan, J.K.S. Teh, A.D. Cheok V. Todorovic and A. Goran. (2006). Metazoa Ludens. Advances in Artificial Reality and Tele-Existence. 16th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence, ICAT 2006.