|Asst Prof Park Taezoon |
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5087
- PhD Purdue University, West Lafayette 2008
- MSc Seoul National University 1997
- BSc Seoul National University 1995
|Taezoon Park is is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since 2008. He received hit doctoral degree in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette IN in 2008. Before joining the doctoral program in Purdue University, he worked for Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering for about five years as a research engineer. He also got his Bachelor and Master's degree in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering from Seoul National University in South Korea. During his doctoral study, he also worked for Rosen Center for Advanced Computing as analyst/programmer, and participated in TeraGrid Project funded by NSF. He is a member of Alpha Phi Mu Honor society of Industrial Engineering, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, and ACM.|
|His research area includes Human-Computer Interaction, user experience design, affective and cognitive information processing, and high performance computing. Current research interests are smart home design for elderly, human factors in maritime system, and affective design and evaluation of consumer products.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- MOH Health Services Research Competitive Research Grant (2011-2013) [by Ministry of Health (MOH)]
- Workplace Safety and Health Institute (2013-) [by Ministry of Manpower]
|Current Projects |
- A Human Factors Analysis on Handover in the Hospital - How can the Critical Information of Patient be Transferred Effectively and Efficiently During the Shift Change
- Affective Design of Home Service Robot for Elderly
- Behavior-centered, communications-reinforced approach to work place safety
- Virtual Social Interaction as Potential New Intervention Methods for Autism: Baseline Data and Pilot Programs as Building Blocks
- Withanage Chathura, Moon Seung Ki, Park Taezoon, Truong Ton Hien Duc. (2013). APPLICATION OF DYNAMIC VALUE-ATTRIBUTE MODELING IN A PRODUCT FAMILY. ICED 2013 Design Society Conference.
- Withanage Chathura, Taezoon Park, Truong Ton Hien Duc, Choi Hae-Jin. (2012). Dynamic Partial Least Square Path Modeling for the Front-end Product Design and Development. Journal of Mechanical Design, 134(10), 100907.
- R.Y.I. Koh, T. Park*, C. D. Wickens, L.T. Ong, S.N. Chia. (2011). Differences in Attentional Strategies by Novice and Experienced Operating Theatre Scrub Nurses. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 17(3), 233-246.
- K. H. Ko, T. Park, K-H. Kim, Y. Kim, D.H. Yoon. (2011). Development of Panel Generation System for Seakeeping Analysis. Computer-Aided Design, 43, 848-862.
- C. Withanage, T. Park, and H. Choi. (2010). Concept Evaluation Method for Strategic Product Design with Concurrent Consideration of Future Customer Requirements. Concurrent Engineering: Research and Application, 18(4), 275-289.