|Dr. Tran joined the Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering on 31 July 2013 as a Nanyang Assistant Professor. He received his BSc degree in Engineering Mechanics from the Hanoi University of Science, Vietnam in 2004. He then pursued his graduate study which focused on thin-film flows and turbulent frictional drag at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. Upon completion of his PhD degree in 2010, he worked at the Physics of Fluids Group at the University of Twente, The Netherlands, as a post-doctoral researcher.|
- Mohammad Khavari and Tuan Tran. (2017). Universality of oscillating boiling in Leidenfrost transition. Physical Review E (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics), 96(4), 043102.
- H Kellay, T Tran, W Goldburg, N Goldenfeld, G Gioia, P Chakraborty. (2012). Testing a Missing Spectral Link in Turbulence. Physical Review Letters, 109(25), 254502.
- Wilco Bouwhuis, Roeland CA van der Veen, Tuan Tran, Diederik L Keij, Koen G Winkels, Ivo R Peters, Devaraj van der Meer, Chao Sun, Jacco H Snoeijer, Detlef Lohse. (2012). Maximal air bubble entrainment at liquid drop impact. Physical Review Letters, 109(26), 264501.
- T Tran, H J J Staat, A Prosperetti, C Sun, D Lohse. (2012). Drop Impact on Superheated Surfaces. Physical Review Letters, 108(3), 036101.
- T Tran, P Chakraborty, N Guttenberg, A Prescott, H Kellay, W Goldburg, N Goldenfeld, G Gioia. (2010). Macroscopic effects of the spectral structure in turbulent flows. Nature Physics, 6(6), 438-441.