|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Troy Lee
Nanyang Associate Professor (NRF)
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD University of Amsterdam 2006
- MS (Logic) University of Amsterdam 2001
- BS(Hons) (Mathematics) California Institute of Technology 2000
|Troy Lee joined the Division of Mathematical Sciences (School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences) in September 2013. He received his Bachelors degree with honors in mathematics from the California Institute of Technology in 2000. From there, he went to the University of Amsterdam, for both Masters (2001) and PhD (2006) degrees, writing a thesis on Kolmogorov Complexity and Formula Size Lower Bounds. He won a Rubicon Fellowship from the Netherlands Science Foundation to do a Postdoc at University of Orsay, Paris. Then he spent two years as a postdoc at Rutgers University with a National Science Foundation Research Fellowhip, and one year at Columbia University. In 2010 he joined the Centre for Quantum Technologies as a Senior Research Fellow and has a joint appointment with NTU and CQT. In 2013 he was awarded a NRF fellowship.|
- NRF Research Fellowship (2013-)
- Start Up Grant (2013-)
- Limits of Efficient Computation
- Quantum Query Complexity, Communication Complexity, and Semidefinite Programming: Exploring the Limits of Efficient Computation
- Lee, Troy, Leonardos, Nikos, Saks, Michael, Wang, Fengming. (2016). Hellinger volume and number-on-the-forehead communication complexity. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 82, 1064-1074.
- A. Ambainis, K. Balodis, A. Belovs, T. Lee, M. Santha, J. Smotrovs. (2016). Separations in query complexity based on pointer functions. STOC 2016.
- T. Lee, A. Prakash, R. de Wolf, H. Yuen. (2016). On the sum-of-squares degree of symmetric quadratic functions. Conference on Computational Complexity 2016.
- G. Braun, R. Jain, T. Lee, S. Pokutta. (2016). Information-theoretic approximations of nonnegative rank. Computational Complexity, .
- T. Lee, F. Magniez, M. Santha. (2015). Improved algorithms for triangle detection and associativity testing. Algorithmica, .
« Back to Research Directory