|With interdisciplinary education from Communication and Information Sciences doctoral program at University of Hawai’i at Manoa, Dr. Lin has extensive research interests and work on varieties of projects regarding adoption and social impact of new communication technologies, media convergence policy in Asia, digital journalism, and mobile communication.
Currently, Dr. Lin offers courses in the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, including New Media Convergence, Creative Practice and New technologies, Media in China, Broadcast Journalism, Visual Literacy and Communication, Chinese Media Writing, and TV practicum. She founded Specturm TV (NTU campus TV) in August 2008. Her supervising FYP video projects screened in international festivals and featured by local media.
Before Dr. Lin joined WKWSCI in 2007, she taught at Dept. of Radio & TV at Ming Chuan University, Taiwan. She had rich industry experience in Taiwan. She produced and hosted TV and radio programs in different languages and genres for national broadcaster FTV, cable network Eastern TV, and MSO Netwave TV, and the Hakka radio station. She also provided professional consultation for Satellite TV.
In 2004, she was granted the Australia Executive Award to conducted digital TV research as a visiting scholar in New South Wales University, Australia. In 2010, she won the best faculty paper at Association of Education of Journalism and Mass Communication.
(Recent journal publication)
Lin, Trisha T.C. (Accepted). Multi-screen television convergence and regulation: The Singapore Experience, Telecommunications Policy. (SSCI Indexed)
Lin, Trisha. T. C. (2012). Market competitiveness of mobile TV industry in China. Telecommunications Policy, 26, 943-954. (SSCI Indexed)
Lin, Trisha T.C. (2012). Cross-platform framing and cross-cultural adaptation: Examining elephant conservation in Thailand. Environmental Communication: A Journal of Nature and Culture, 6(2), 193-211. (SSCI Indexed)
Hendriks Vettehen, Mariska Kleemans, Shuhua Zhou, leen d'haenens, Lin, Trisha T. C. (April, 2012). Competitive pressure and arousing Television news: A cross-cultural study, Asian Journal of Communication, 22(2), 179-196. (SSCI Indexed)
Lin, Trisha T. C. (2012). Prospect of mobile broadcasting TV in China: Socio-technical analysis of CMMB development. Chinese Journal of Communication, 5(1), 88-108 (SSCI Indexed)
Lin, Trisha T. C. (2011). Health Communication of an alternative medical therapy: Analyzing knowledge and persuasion of Reiki healing. Journal of Information & Communication, 8, 21-52.
Lin, Trisha T.C., Chiu. C. H., & Lim, W. (2011). Factors affecting the adoption of Social Network Sites: Examining four adopter categories of Singapore’s working adults. Asia Journal of Communication, 21(3), 221-242. (SSCI Indexed)
Lin, T.C. & Liu. Y. L. (February, 2011). The Development of Mobile Broadcasting TV: A Social-technical Comparison of Singapore and Taiwan. Asian Journal of Communication, 21(1), 4-24. (SSCI Indexed)
Lin, Trisha T.C. & Sun, Shirley H. L. (December, 2010) Connection as a form of resisting control: foreign domestic workers’ mobile phone use in Singapore, Media Asia, 37 (4), 183-192.
Lin, Trisha T.C. & Tan, P. (2010). How Cultural and Linguistic Pluralism Shape Humor? Social Construction of Singapore’s Humor Industry. Intercultural Communication Studies, 19 (1), 60-77.
Lin, Trisha T. C. (2010). TV blogging: A Multiple Case study of Blog Management in Taiwan. Journal of Cyber Culture and Information Society, 18, 275-306.
Lin, Trisha T.C. (January, 2010). The Gordian Knot of Singapore’s Mobile TV Policy, Journal of International Commercial Law and Technology, 5(1), 11-21.
Lin, Trisha T. C. (July, 2009). Exploring Mobile TV Trials in Singapore: An Analysis of Stakeholders and Market Competitiveness. Journal of Information & Communication, 6, 15-35.
- A global study of impacts of digital new media covering 60 countries
- Content and Interactivity Management of IPTV in Singapore
- Digital divide in my pocket: investigating impact of mobile internet within a developmental context
- Exploring Mobile TV Opportunities in Singapore: A Socio-technical Perspective
- Exploring the link between media socialization and learning with technology
- How do Microblogs Shape Chinese Newsroom Practice Case study of Shanghai's Newspaper
- Immersive Location-based Services: Impacts & Implications
- Interactivity and Relational Maintenance: Political blogging in Singapore
- Location-Based advertising in Singapore: consumer perception, attitude, and utilization
- Location-based Services: Impacts and Implications
- Mapping Digital Media
- Microblog & newsroom in China
- Mobile Dependency among Singapore Youth: Psychological Attributes, Addiction Symptoms and Patterns
- The Internet and General Elections 201X
- Youth, new media & political socialization
- mHealth: adoption, impact, and challenges
- Lin, Trisha T.C. & Hong, A. H. (2013). New media impact on youth’s political participation and voting: examining 2011 Singapore General Election in Singapore..
- Lin, T. T.C. & Cui, D. (2013, June ). Changes in news-making after implementing the integrated newsroom: A longitudinal study. Paper presented at 2013 International Communication Association, London, UK.
- Wang, Y. & Lin, T. T.C. (2013, June ). Understanding mobile dating: self-presentation, self-disclosure and location awareness. Paper presented at 2013 International Association of Media and Communication Research, Dublin, Ireland.
- Lin, T.T.C., Bautista, J.R.R, Paragas, F.D.C, & Tan, M. (2013). Drivers and Challenges of Evolving Location Based Advertising in Singapore. 2013 ICA conference.
- Lin, T. T.C., Chiang, Y. & Jiang, C. (2013, June ). Examining mobile dependency and sociability among young users in Singapore. Paper presented at 2013 International Association of Media and Communication Research, Dublin, Ireland.