|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Jin Cheon Na
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: WKWSCI 05-04
- PhD Texas A&M University 2001
- MS(CompInfoSc) Oklahoma State University 1990
- BS Hanyang University 1987
|Before joining the Division of Information Studies at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Dr Na worked six and half years for a Korean military research institute, the Agency for Defense Development, as a senior researcher. At Texas A&M University, he developed a caT (context-aware Trellis), a context-aware hypertext model with associated tools, for his dissertation. Currently, he is exploring effective ways of performing information processing by applying various techniques from multidiscipline, such as machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, human-compuer interaction, and natural language processing. He has published over 40 papers in various international journals and conference proceedings mainly in the areas of Digital Libraries, Hypertext & Hypermedia, Document Engineering, and Knowledge Organization.|
|His research interest focuses on Digital Libraries and Hypermedia Systems. He is primarily investigating effective ways of information processing by applying various techniques from multiple disciplines, such as information retrieval, data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, and human-computer interaction. Specifically he is doing researches in automatic sentiment classification (e.g. automatically classifying Web product reviews as expressing positive or negative sentiments/opinions), information extraction pattern learning for knowledge discovery, and development of digital library applications that provide intelligent, user-friendly interface.|
- Constructing Semantically Enriched Sentiment Lexicon for Fine-Grained Sentiment Analysis of Product Reviews
- PONdER: Public Opinion of Nuclear Energy
- ROSE (Reputable Opinion Social Environment) via Connectors, Mavens, and Salesmen
- Na, J.-C., and Ye Yingxin. (2017). Content Analysis of Scholarly Discussions of Psychological Academic Articles on Facebook. Online Information Review, .
- Htoo, T. H. H., and Na, J.-C. (2017). Disciplinary Differences in Altmetrics for Social Sciences. Online Information Review, 41(2), 1-18.
- Khoo, C., Sathik Basha Johnkhan, and Na, J.-C. (2017). Proceedings of ICADL (International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries) '2015: Evaluation of a General-Purpose Sentiment Lexicon, in Comparison with Three Existing Lexicons, on a Product Review Corpus. International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries '2015 (pp. 197-208)Seoul, Korea: Springer-Verlag.
- Sang-Sang Tan, and Na, J.-C. (2016). Proceedings of ICADL (International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries) '2016: Expanding Sentiment Lexicon with Multi-word Terms for Domain-Specific Sentiment Analysis. International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries '2016 (pp. 285-296)Tsukuba, Japan: Springer-Verlag.
- Tan, K.-W., Jin Cheon Na., and Ding Y. (2015). Influence diffusion detection using the influence style (INFUSE) model. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 66(8), 1717–1733.