|Dr Teo Chee Chong |
Division of Infrastructure Systems and Maritime Studies
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4887
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2006
- MS Nanyang Technological University 2001
- BEng(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 2000
|Asst/Prof Teo Chee Chong joined the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering in 2006. He received his B.Eng (Mechanical) from the Nanyang Technological University and PhD in Manufacturing Systems & Technologies under the Singapore-MIT Alliance program, which is an education and research collaboration between National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr Teo’s current research interest is in the application of operations research to solve problems in supply chain, production and service operations. His research has been published in major operations management journals such as Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production & Operations Management and IIE Transactions.
At NTU, Dr. Teo teaches supply chain and logistics courses at both bachelor and master levels. Courses that he had taught include Intermodal Transportation, Distribution & Warehousing, Shipping Logistics and Quantitative Methods in Logistical Analysis. He had also conducted several executive courses on supply chain management for organizations such as the Neptune Orient Lines, Sharjah Ports Authority (U.A.E) and the Singapore Armed Forces.
|Dr Teo's area of expertise are in the application of operations research to solve problems in supply chain, production and service operations.|
|Research Grant |
- Neptune Orient Lines Fellowship Programme (2012-)
- Start Up Grant (2007-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- A Planning Model for Bunker Risk Management Using Hedging Surcharges and Network Planning
- Managing Sourcing Risks In A Global Supply Chain
- C.C. Teo, R. Bhatnagar, S.C. Graves. (2011). Setting Planned Lead Times for a Make-To-Order Production System with Master Schedule Smoothing. IIE Transactions, 43(6), 399-414.
- R. Bhatnagar, P. Mehta, C.C. Teo. (2011). A Coordinated Approach to Planning and Scheduling Decisions in Supply Chains with Dual Supply Modes. International Journal of Production Economics, 131, 473-482.
- C.C. Teo, R. Bhatnagar, S.C. Graves. (2011). An Application of Master Schedule Smoothing and Planned Lead Times Control (accepted for publication). Production and Operations Management, .
- J. Foreman, Jeremie Gallien, J. Alspaugh, F. Lopez, R. Bhatnagar, C.C.Teo, C. Dubois. (2010). Implementing Supply Routing Optimization in a Make-To-Order Manufacturing Network. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 12(4), 547-568.
- R. Bhatnagar, C.C. Teo. (2009). Role of Logistics in Enhancing Competitive Advantage: A Value Chain Framework for Global Supply Chains. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 39(3), 202-226.