|Assoc Prof Lee Chun Wah |
Division of Public & Promotional Communication
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Phone: (+65)6790 6114
Office: SCI 03-39
- PhD Ohio University 1992
- MA University of Colorado 1988
- BS University of Portland 1986
|Dr Lee Chun Wah's teaching portfolio includes integrated marketing communication, speech communication, and advertising campaign development. His research areas are public communication and advertising business management.
He was a member of the pioneer team that launched the original Mass Communication Programme at the National University of Singapore. Upon completion of the programme, he returned to NTU and was involved in setting up the professional internship scheme for undergraduates as well as the curriculum's final year project system. He was the School's first head of the division of public and promotional communication for more than seven years. He was also the former programme director of the Master of Mass Communication for four years until 2004. From 2008 to 2012, he was the School's assistant chair, in charge of student affairs and alumni relations.
He is a member of the Education Council of the Association of Accredited Advertising Agents of Singapore as well as a member of the accreditation board of the Institute of Public Relations of Singapore. He also serves as an independent board member of several business organizations in the cosmetics, retail, apparel and food industries. His current practice is in cosmetics advertising that focuses on beauty care of working women.
|Research Areas: Advertising Management, Brand Communication, Public Communication
Current Focus: Managing the business operations and account-servicing of Advertising Agencies
- Lee, C.W. (2011). Managing effective consumer communication through customer care: the Singapore perspective. Journal of Promotion Management, 17(2), 148-164.
- Lee, C.W. (2010, June ). Understanding How Students Conceptualize Knowledge: The Case of Singapore. Paper presented at the 60th Annual Conference of the International Communication Association, Singapore.
- Lee, C.W. (2008). Corporate Identity As Strategic Management Communication: A Working FrameworkContemporary Thoughts on Corporate Branding and Corporate Identity Management. (pp. 138-149). United States: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Lee, C.W. (2007). Community hospital care as voice. Textual Practice, 21(3), 483-491.
- Kuo, E., & Lee, C. W. (2006). Communication Education and Research in Singapore: Past, Present and FutureGlobal Trends in Communication Education and Research..