|Prof. Soo-Ying LEE is the founding Dean of the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences at NTU since October 2004. Prior to that he had been Head of Chemistry, Dean of Science, Director of Institutional Resources, Director of Research, and Vice Provost at the National University of Singapore. He received his Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) in Chemistry from the University of Malaya in 1972, and his PhD in Chemistry from the University of Chicago in 1976, followed by post-doctoral work at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has spent two years on sabbaticals at the University of California, Berkeley. Prof. Lee is a Chemical Physicist. His research interest is currently in ultrafast nonlinear spectroscopy to understand molecular dynamics. He has published more than 80 refereed international journal articles. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a Chartered Chemist, and an elected Fellow of the Academy of Science, Malaysia.|
- Femtosecond Pump-probe Spectroscopy of Molecular Excited State Dynamics
- Functionalized Polymer/Cation/Carbon Nanostructured Composites for Reversible Hydrogen Storage
- Quantum Reaction Dynamics In Polyatomic Reactions - Simulating and Stimulating Experiments
- Start Up Grant
- Ultrafast Nonlinear Spectroscopies for Studying Molecular Vibrational Dynamics
- Zhang W Q, Zhou Y, Wu G R, Lu Y P, Pan H L, Fu B N, Shuai Q A, Liu L, Liu S, Zhang L L, Jiang B, Dai D X, Lee S Y, Xie Z, Braams B J, Bowman J M, Collins M A, Zhang D H, and Yang X M. (2010). Depression of reactivity by collision energy in the single barrier H+CD4 -> HD+CD3 reaction. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 107(29), 12782-12785.
- Niu, K, B Zhao, Z G Sun, and S Y Lee. (2010). Analysis of femtosecond Stimulated Raman spectroscopy of excited state evolution in bacteriorhodopsin. Journal of Chemical Physics, (132), 084510-1 to 9.
- Lu, RF, Y P Lu, S Y Lee, K L Han and W Q Deng. (2009). Terahertz response in single-walled carbon nanotube transistor: a real-time quantum dynamics simulation. Nanotechnology. Nanotechnology, (20), 505401.
- Niu, Kai, Cong, Shulin, Lee Soo Ying. (2009). Femtosecond stimulated Raman scattering for polyatomics with harmonic potentials: Application to rhodamine 6G. Journal of Chemical Physics, 131(5).
- Kai Niu, Shulin Cong, Soo-Y. Lee. (2009). Femtosecond stimulated Raman scattering for polytamics with harmonic patentials: Application to rhodamine 6G. Journal of Chemical Physics, (131), 054311.