|Asst Prof Moon Seung Ki|
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5599
- Phd (Industrial Engrg) The Pennsylvania State University 2008
- MS (Industrial Engrg) Hanyang University 1995
- BS (Industrial Engrg) Hanyang University 1992
|Prof Moon received his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University in 2008, his M.S. and B.S. degrees in Industrial Engineering from Hanyang University, South Korea, in 1995 and 1992, respectively. He worked as a Senior Research Engineer at the Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea for eight years before embarking on his PhD degree. After completing his doctoral degree, he joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University for one year as a postdoctoral research associate. Prior to joining MAE, he served as a Research Associate of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University between October 2009 and March 2011.|
|He is interested in the boundary-spanning research that integrates the knowledge of design, engineering, and economics. His current focuses include applying economic theory to the design of customized and sustainable products and services, universal design for human variability, strategic and multidiscipline design optimization, service design and management for smart grid, and 3D additive manufacturing and welding.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2012-) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- SIMTech - NTU Joint Lab (2012-) [by A*STAR Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)]
- ST Kinetics Grant (2012-) [by ST Kinetics Ltd]
- Start Up Grant (2011-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Temasek Lab@NTU Seed Project (2011-2013) [by Temasek Lab @ NTU]
|Current Projects |
- Automated Cleaning System Development for Artillery Gun Barrels
- Design and modeling of fast adaptable unmanned aerial vehicle using deployable structures
- Energy Effective Service Design for Plug-In-Hybrid Electric Vehicles in a Smart Grid
- Laser additive manufacturing
- Proactive Process Control using Predictive Technologies
- Prototyping and additive manufacturing to support deployable unmanned aerial vehicle development
- Rapid Prototyping of Deployable Structure
- Moon, S. K. and McAdams, D. A. (2012). A Market-based Design Strategy for a Universal Product Family. Transactions of the ASME. Journal of Mechanical Design, 143(11), 111007-1-12.
- Moon S.K., Shu J, Simpson T. W., and Kumara S. R. T. (2011). A Module-based Service Model for Mass Customization: Service Family Design. IIE Transactions, 43(3), 153-163.
- Moon S.K., Simpson, T. W., and Kumara S.R.T. (2010). A Methodology for Knowledge Discovery to Support Product Family Design. Annals of Operations Research, 174(1), 201-218.
- Moon S.K., Simpson T.W., and Kumara S.R.T. (2009). An Agent-based Recommender System for Developing Customized Families of Products. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 20(6), 649-659.
- Moon S.K., Park J-I, Simpson T.W., and Kumara S.R.T. (2008). A Dynamic Multi-Agent System Based on a Negotiation Mechanism for Product Family Design. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 5(2), 234-244.