|Prof Moon received his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University in 2008, his M.S. and B.S. degrees in Industrial Engineering from Hanyang University, South Korea, in 1995 and 1992, respectively. He worked as a Senior Research Engineer at the Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea for eight years before embarking on his PhD degree. After completing his doctoral degree, he joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University for one year as a postdoctoral research associate. Prior to joining MAE, he served as a Research Associate of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University between October 2009 and March 2011.|
|He is interested in the boundary-spanning research that integrates the knowledge of design, engineering, and economics. His current focuses include applying economic theory to the design of customized and sustainable products and services, universal design for human variability, strategic and multidiscipline design optimization, service design and management for smart grid, and 3D additive manufacturing and welding.|
- Jiao, L., Chua, Z.Y., Moon, S.K., Song, J., Bi, G., Zheng, H., Lee, B., and Koo, J. (2019). Laser-induced graphene on Additive Manufacturing ULTEM parts. Nanomaterials, 9(1), 90.
- Yao, X., Moon, S.K., and Bi, G. (2017). A Hybrid Machine Learning Approach for Additive Manufacturing Design Feature Recommendation. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 23(6), 983-997.
- Chua, Z.Y., Ahn, I., and Moon, S.K. (2017). Process Monitoring and Inspection Systems in Metal Additive Manufacturing: Status and Applications. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology, 4(2), 235-245.
- Kim, S. and Moon, S.K. (2017). Sustainable platform identification for product family design. Journal of Cleaner Production , 143(2), 567-581.
- Yao, X., Moon, S. K., and Bi, G. (2016). A Cost-Driven Design Methodology for Additive Manufactured Variable Platforms in Product Families. Journal of Mechanical Design, 138(4), 041701-1-12.