|Asoociate Prof Susana Geifman Shochat is currently in the School of Biological Sciences since May, 2007. She received her Bachelor degree in Chemistry from The Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem (Biochemistry) and Leiden University, Leiden, the Netherlands (Biophysics) respectively. Her research interests include bimolecular interactions and drug discovery. In 1998 she became the Director for Interdepartmental Biacore Core Facility, Life Sciences Institute, Hebrew university, Jerusalem. Between the years 2004-2007 she worked as a Researcher at IGBMC (Chambon Institute), Illkirch, France and at the Department of Biotechnology of Molecular Interactions, Ecole Superieur de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France.|
- Discovering inhibitors against the Dengue virus NS3 helicase and NS5 polymerase using a fragment-based approach aided by X-ray crystallography, N.M.R. and Surface Plasmon resonance
- Establishing a Biacore Platform for the study of Molecular Interaction
- Establishing a biacore platform for the study of molecular interactions
- Identification of DNA Bases using Tailored Nanoporous Alumina
- Integrated Plasmonic Nanostructures for Biomimetic Sensing
- Interplay and regulation of p97/VCP ‘adaptor-preference’ addressing disease-associated mutations
- Protein-protein interactions that mediate the role of p97/VCP/Cdc48 in protein aggregation and degradation
- Revealing the structure and function of Orai1 and Stim1: the cause of severe combined immune (SCID) syndrome
- Somatic missense mutations of ANGPTL4 and its biological consequence on oncogenic ROS production and metastasis
- Zhou Y, Kierzek E, Loo ZP, Antonio M, Yau YH, Chuah YW, Geifman-Shochat S, Kierzek R, Chen G. (2013). Recognition of RNA duplexes by chemically modified triplex-forming oligonucleotides. Nucleic Acids Research, , 1-10.
- How, Jonathan; Zhang, Ai; Phillips, Margaret; Reynaud, Aline; Lu, Si Yan; Pan, Lucy Xin; Ho, Hai Ting; Yau, Yin Hoe; Guskov, Albert; Pervushin, Konstantin; Shochat, Susana Geifman; Eshaghi, Said; Koch, Karl-Wilhelm. (2013). Comprehensive Analysis and Identification of the Human STIM1 Domains for Structural and Functional Studies. PLoS ONE, 8(1), e53979-.
- Qi, Yaning; Xu, Linghui; Dong, Xueming; Yau, Yin Hoe; Ho, Chun Loong; Koh, Siew Lee; Shochat, Susana Geifman; Chou, Shan-Ho; Tang, Kai; Liang, Zhao-Xun. (2012). Functional Divergence of FimX in PilZ binding and Type IV Pili Regulation. Journal of Bacteriology, 194(21), 5922.
- Zhang Q., C. Hunke, Y. H. Yau, V. Seow, S. Lee, L. B. Tanner, X. L. Guan, M. R. Wenk, P. Chew, P. Kukkaro, G. Biuković, P. Y. Shi, S. G. Shochat, G. Grüber, S. M. Lok. (2012). The stem region of premembrane protein plays an important role in the virus surface protein rearrangement during dengue maturation. Journal of Biological Chemistry, .
- Yau, Yin-Hoe; Shochat, Susana Geifman. (2011, November ). Three uncommon ligand‐analyte interaction systems. Paper presented at Developments in Protein Interaction Analysis, Sheraton Boston Hotel, Boston, MA, USA.