|Asst Prof Suhaib A Fahmy|
Division of Hardware & Embedded Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5801
- PhD DIC University of London, Imperial College 2008
- MEng (Info System Engineering) University of London, Imperial College 2003
|Suhaib joined the School of Computer Engineering as an Assistant Professor in the Division of Computing Systems, in December 2009. Previously, he graduated from Imperial College Lo,ndon in 2003 with a First Class Honours MEng in Information Systems Engineering. He then completed a PhD in 2007, also at Imperial, with a thesis entitled “Hardware Acceleration of the Trace Transform for Vision Applications”. From 2007 to 2009, he was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at CTVR, Trinity College Dublin and Visiting Research Engineer at Xilinx Research Labs, Ireland, where he worked on leveraging hardware reconfiguration within a newly developed high-level framework for cognitive radio design and implementation. He also lectured at Trinity College for two years, teaching the course “Integrated Systems Design”. He has worked on custom hardware architectures for computational acceleration since 2003, across a range of domains including signal-processing, communications, image and video processing, computer vision and software defined radio.|
|• Reconfigurable computing
• Algorithm acceleration
• Digital systems
• Image- and video-processing
• High-level custom architecture design
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-)
|Current Projects |
- A CUSTOM COMPUTING APPROACH TO SOLVING GRAPH PROBLEMS
- RP3-Embedded Systems (under main project of "Electromobility in Megacities)
- Reconfigurable Computing for Algorithm Acceleration
- K. Vipin and S.A. Fahmy. (2012). Proceedings of International Symposium on Applied Reconfigurable Computing (ARC): Architecture-Aware Reconfiguration-Centric Floorplanning for Partial Reconfiguration. International Symposium on Applied Reconfigurable Computing (ARC).
- S. Chakraborty, M. Lukasiewycz, C. Buckl, S.A. Fahmy, N. Chang, S. Park, Y.Kim, P. Leteinturier, and H. Adlkofer. (2012). Proceedings of Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE): Embedded Systems and Software Challenges in Electric Vehicles. Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE) (pp. 424-429).
- H.Y. Cheah, S.A. Fahmy, D.L. Maskell, and C. Kulkarni. (2012). Proceedings of ACM/SIGDA International Symposium on Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA): A Lean FPGA Soft Processor Built Using a DSP Block. ACM/SIGDA International Symposium on Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)ACM.
- K. Vipin and S.Fahmy. (2011). Proceedings of International Conference on Field Programmable Technology (FPT): Efficient Region Allocation for Adaptive Partial Reconfiguration. International Conference on Field Programmable Technology (FPT)IEEE.
- J. Lotze, S.A. Fahmy, J. Noguera, L.E. Doyle. (2011). A Model Based Approach to Cognitive Radio Design. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 29(2), 455-468.