|Dr. Chiu joined Nanyang Business School as an Assistant Professor of Strategy in June, 2010. She has published in the Journal of Management and Journal of Management Studies and her research papers have been nominated for the best paper prize several times in the key international management conferences. Dr. Chiu has served as an ad-hoc reviewer for the Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, Business & Society, and several international conferences. She has taught Strategic Management course to senior undergraduate students in both the US and Singapore. She is a member of Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society and International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACMR). Prior to returning to academics, Dr. Chiu was a Senior Business Analyst for a multinational telecommunications company in USA.|
- Chiu, S., Fan, W., & Chong, Y. (2013). Entrepreneurship in China's private sector: Guangxi's Elite Optical.Asian Business Case Centre and Harvard Business School Case Collection.
- Chintakananda, Asda; Kang, Eugene; Chiu, Shih-Chi & Gomulya, David. (2012). When Intent Matters: The Contingent Effects of Government Ties on IPO Performance. SMS 32nd Annual International Conference.
- Chintakananda, Asda; Chiu, Shih-Chi; Gomulya, David; Kang, Eugene; Neo, Boon Siong & Wee, Beng Geok. (2012). State Entrepreneurship: Executing a National Strategy for Development. SMS Special Conference in Singapore.
- Chiu, S. & Sharfman, M. P. (2011). Legitimacy, visibility, and the antecedents of corporate social performance: An investigation of instrumental perspective. Journal of Management, 37(6), 1558-1585.
- Johnson, R. A., Schnatterly, K., Johnson, S. & Chiu, S. (2010). Institutional investors and institutional environments: A comparative analysis. Journal of Management Studies, 47 (2)(2), 1590-1613.