|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Kumaran Rajaram
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5649
- PhD in Business & Management University of South Australia 2010
- Graduate Diploma in Management Research University of South Australia 2007
- MBA University of Southern Queensland 2005
- Postgrad Dip (Marketing) The Chartered Institute of Marketing 2004
- BSc (Hons) in Business Admin (Marketing) University of Wales 2004
|Dr. Rajaram is a practitioner in Business Management and Organizational Science and a research scholar who specializes in Learning Analytics and Internationalization of Business Education. He earned his PhD with Distinction from University of South Australia in Business and Management (minoring in Business Education). Dr. Rajaram is a Course Leader and Senior Lecturer with SMO/NBS, where he lectures, leads a team of senior instructors and is responsible for the curriculum and learning design for the courses of Management Principles, Skills and Competencies and Fundamentals of Management. |
He has over 15 years of corporate experience in organizational change, business development and strategic management and lecturing experience of more than seven years in higher education. He headed a business consultancy as the executive chairman, regional managing director and principal consultant where he and his team provided change management training and business solutions for SMEs, MNCs, NGOs, Universities and higher education institutions globally. During this stint, he has travelled widely to execute business consultations which have diversified his experiential horizons, especially in the cross-cultural context. Prior to that, as the Director of Academic Affairs and Business Development for a higher education institution that collaborates with overseas universities, he has championed evolving issues of corporate governance, internationalization and had implemented change strategies. His eight years of service in RSN as a scholar, where he started his career and with his last appointment as the section head had earned him many accolades such as Certificate of Commendations and Outstanding Innovation awards from the current President of Singapore, Dr. Tony Tan and then Chief of Navy and Transport Minister of Singapore, Mr. Liu Tuck Yew. For his outstanding instructional performance, he was acknowledged as 'Master Instructor' which is the highest and most prestigious award bestowed to instructors in the Unit of more than 500 instructors and featured as an excellent role model for exemplifying RSN core values in Navy News in 2007. He was interviewed and featured in SPANs magazine in 2008 for being an exemplary and outstanding young entrepreneur, USQ Alumni Newsletter in 2009 – 'Alumnus achieves professional training success', Inspire magazine in 2010 for being an exemplary role model as an academic and business practitioner. He was nominated for the Outstanding USQ Professional Alumnus 2012 and 2013 and Outstanding USQ Academic and Research Alumnus 2014, 2015 and 2016. He was awarded the John Cheung Social Media Award 2016 and NTU Edex Grant 2015/16.
He currently serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for Tier A Learning Science and International Business Education Journals. He sits on the editorial board for Singapore Management Journal. He also serves as an invited guest reviewer for Asian Case Research Journal (NUS), Academy of Management Conferences and Cross-Cultural Management: An International Journal. He has served as a full-time polytechnic lecturer and also an adjunct lecturer for SIM University, Singapore Institute of Management with their Global University partners as well as for many well-known UK, US and Australian universities which have partnered with accredited higher education institutions in Singapore. He has also served as the Adjunct Associate Professor in Business and Management over 3 years with International Technological University, United States of America, Silicon Valley. He has lectured postgraduate modules in Cross-Cultural Management, Strategic Management and Organizational Behavior. He has supervised doctoral candidates in their pursuit of research work. His dedication has earned him 'Best Lecturer Award' in 2011 with an international higher education institution. As an acknowledgement for his quality performance, he was nominated for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards.
|• Organisational Science and Behaviour|
• Institutional and Organizational Culture
• Learning Culture and Culture of Learning in Higher Education Institutions and Organizations
• Cross-Cultural Management
• Internationalization of Higher Education
• Learning Analytics
• Cognitive and Educational Neuroscience
• Character Education and Leadership Development in Business Education
Research Interest in the Neuroscience of Learning and Education
• Social-Psychological interventions in Business Education
• Applying Neuroscience to comprehend:
• Empathy, Compassion, Character Education and Leadership traits
• Engagement and Learning Effectiveness amongst learners
• Students’ Performance and Outcomes
- Developing A Support System To Train Ethical Competence
- Developing in-class activity support system for instructors to capture and monitor individual contributions of students
- Scaffolding the flip: Developing an activity support system for instructions of flipped classroom courses
- Social-psychological interventions for empathy and leadership ability development in business students
- Stevenson, M. Rajaram, K. & Hedberg, J.(2017). Cultures of mobile learning: A review of learning effectiveness in mobile-rich classrooms. Mobile learning and higher education challenges in context.New York: Routledge.
- Rajaram, K., Bednall, T., Honal, A. & Volker, R. (2017). Exemplary Practices for 21st Century Classroom: (Technology) Enhanced Learning Approaches. Academy of Management 2017.
- Bolinge, A., Rajaram, K. & et al. (2017). Teaching in the Rough II. Academy of Management (AOM) 2017.
- Giudici, E, Rajaram, K. & et al. (2017). Beyond the Classical Management Paradigm. Academy of Management (AOM) 2017.
- Hartman, K., Koh, J., & Rajaram, K. (2017). When practitioners and scientists collide: An evidence-based activity for management education. Academy of Management 2017.