|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Wang Qijie
Assistant Chair (Faculty), School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Director, Centre for OptoElectronics and Biophotonics (OPTIMUS)
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5431
- PhD (ElectEng) Nanyang Technological University 2005
- BEng (Hons) Univ of Science & Technology of China 2001
|Dr. WANG Qijie received the B.E. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), Hefei China, in 2001 graduating one year in advance; and the Ph.D degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2005, with NTU and Singapore Millennium Foundation (SMF) scholarship. After completing his Ph.D, he obtained the 2005 SMF postdoctoral fellowship working in NTU. Then he joined School of Engineering and Applied Science, Harvard University, in Prof. Federico Capasso’s group as a postdoctoral researcher in Jan. 2007. In October 2009, he was assigned as a joint Nanyang Assistant Professor at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) and the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS). Since Feb. 2015, he has been promoted to tenured associate professor in school of EEE and SPMS, NTU.|
Dr. Wang has published/co-published more than 120 papers (including 9 invited papers) in top international journals (like Nature Photonics, Nature Materials, and Nature Communications), more than 100 conference papers (including numerous invited talks) and co-authored 10 U.S. patents. He was the recipient of the top prize for the Young Inventor Awards of the SPIE Photonics Europe Innovation Village in 2004; a golden award from the Fifth Young Inventor’s Awards in 2005 organized by HP and Wall Street Journal; and the co-recipient of the IES (Institution of Engineers Singapore) Prestigious Engineering Achievement Team Award 2005 of Singapore, 30th World Culture Special Recognition Award 2013, the prestigious Singapore Young Scientist Award 2014, and Nanyang Research Award 2015 (Young Investigator).
|My current research interests are to explore theoretically and experimentally nano-structured semiconductor and fiber-based materials, and nanophotonic devices (nanoplasmonics, photonic crystals and metamaterials) with an emphasis on all aspects of the problem: from design, fabrication, characterization, to integration at system level. |
In particular, I am going to investigate the fundamental properties (optical and electrical) of semiconductor (quantum cascade lasers) and high power fiber lasers, and nanophotonic devices (such as graphene optoelectronic devices) in the infrared frequency regimes (inclulding near-IR (~1.5um), mid-IR (~3-30 um) and Terahertz (~60-300 um)) to improve their performance. Exploration of their broad potential applications is also one of the key focuses.
We are always looking for strongly motivated both postdoc and Ph.D researchers dedicated to the cutting edge research in semiconductor and fiber lasers, nanotechnology, plasmonics and metamaterials, and nano-optics/photonics. Interested candidates please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Currently we have several postdoc positions available on the development of high performance fiber lasers and nanophotonics.
Group Website: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/gzliang/home.html
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2015-2019) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-2018) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2017-2020) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 3 (2012-)
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2013-2017) [by Ministry of Defence (MINDEF)]
- JPT Electronics Pte Ltd (2016-2019) [by JPT Electronics Pte Ltd]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2015-2017) [by Nanyang Technological University, Ministry of Defence (MINDEF)]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2016-2021) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding (2016-2019) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- CMOS THz-SSP Transmission
- CMOS Terahertz Interconnect towards Tera-scale Personalized Cloud Server
- Designer Random Quantum Cascade Lasers: Disordered Photonics In Mid-IR and THz
- Disruptive Photonic Technologies (DPT)
- Environmental-stable, All-fiber, Flexible-pulse, High-power Picosecond Fiber Laser
- Exploration of The Modulation Speed Limit of Mid-infrared Semiconductor Lasers
- Gas Sensing with Mid-infrared Quantum Cascade Lasers
- High Peak Power Watt-Level Quantum Cascade Lasers at Long Wavelength Mid-Infrared (LWIR) (9-10um)
- High Power Fiber Laser For Pumping Parametric Amplification
- High Temperature Operation Of THz Quantum Cascade Lasers
- Highly Collimated Watt-level Mid-IR (3-5um) Quantum Cascade Lasers With Beam Combing
- Near-Field Nano-Imaging of Plasmonic Topological Insulators In The Visible And Near-Infrared
- Sub Project 1 - Intersubband Electroluminescence from III-Nitride Multiple Quantum Wells
- The Development of Quantum Cascade Lasers
- XRP2: High Photon Flux High-Order Harmonic Generation by New Gas Cell Design and Enhancement Cavity
- XRP3-1: Frontend of Mid-Infrared OPCPA for Soft X-ray High Harmonic Generation
- XRP3-2: Amplification of Mid-Infrared OPCPA for Soft X-ray High Harmonic Generation
- XRP4: High Power Fiber Laser for Pumping Parametric Amplification
- Shizhen Qu, Houkun Liang, Xiao Zou, Kun Liu, Qijie Wang, Ying Zhang. (2017). High Energy, High Repetition Rate, 300μJ, 3 μm OPCPA System. CLEO:PR.
- Xiao Zou, Houkun Liang, Shizhen Qu, Kun Liu, Qijie Wang, Ying Zhang. (2017). Three-fold Efficiency Improvement Via Temporal And Spatial Pulse Shaping In 3um OPCPA. The Pacific Rim Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics.
- G.Liang, Y. Zeng, X. Hu, H. Yu, H. Liang, Y. Zhang, L. Li, A. G. Davies, E. H. Linfield, and Q. J. Wang. (2017). Monolithic Semiconductor Lasers with Dynamically Tunable Linear-to-Circular Polarization. ACS Photonics, 4, 517-524.
- B. Meng, B. Qiang, E. Rodriguez, X. N. Hu, G. Liang, and Q. J. Wang. (2017). Coherent emission from integrated Talbot-cavity quantum cascade lasers. Optics Express, 25(4), 3077-3082.
- ZHANG Nancy Meng Ying, LI Kaiwei, SHUM Perry Ping, YU Xuechao, ZENG Shuwen, WU Zhifang, WANG Qi Jie, YONG Ken Tye and WEI Lei. (2017). Hybrid Graphene/Gold Plasmonic Fiber-Optic Biosensor. Advanced Materials Technologies, 2(2), 1600185.