|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Wang Qijie
Director, OPTIMUS, Photonics Centre of Excellence
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5431
- PhD (ElectEng) Nanyang Technological University 2005
- BEng (Hons) Univ of Science & Technology of China 2001
|Dr. WANG Qijie received the B.E. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), Hefei China, in 2001 graduating one year in advance; and the Ph.D degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2005, with NTU and Singapore Millennium Foundation (SMF) scholarship. After completing his Ph.D, he obtained the 2005 SMF postdoctoral fellowship working in NTU. Then he joined School of Engineering and Applied Science, Harvard University, in Prof. Federico Capasso’s group as a postdoctoral researcher in Jan. 2007. During his postdoctoral studies at Harvard University, he has made significant contributions in achieving high-performance both mid-infrared and Terahertz quantum cascade semiconductor lasers. In October 2009, he was assigned as a joint Nanyang Assistant Professor at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Microelectronics Division) and the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (Physics and Applied Physics Division).
Dr. Wang has published/co-published about 80 papers (including 6 invited papers) in top international journals (like Nature Photonics, Nature Materials, and Nature Communications), more than 70 conference papers (including numerous invited talks) and co-authored 7 U.S. patents. He was the recipient of the top prize for the Young Inventor Awards of the SPIE Photonics Europe Innovation Village in 2004; a golden award from the Fifth Young Inventor’s Awards in 2005 organized by HP and Wall Street Journal; and the co-recipient of the IES (Institution of Engineers Singapore) Prestigious Engineering Achievement Team Award 2005 of Singapore.
|My current research interests are to explore theoretically and experimentally nano-structured semiconductor and fiber-based materials, and nanophotonic devices (nanoplasmonics, photonic crystals and metamaterials) with an emphasis on all aspects of the problem: from design, fabrication, characterization, to integration at system level.
In particular, I am going to investigate the fundamental properties (optical and electrical) of semiconductor (quantum cascade lasers) and high power fiber lasers, and nanophotonic devices (such as graphene optoelectronic devices) in the infrared frequency regimes (inclulding near-IR (~1.5um), mid-IR (~3-30 um) and Terahertz (~60-300 um)) to improve their performance. Exploration of their broad potential applications is also one of the key focuses.
We are always looking for strongly motivated both postdoc and Ph.D researchers dedicated to the cutting edge research in semiconductor and fiber lasers, nanotechnology, plasmonics and metamaterials, and nano-optics/photonics. Interested candidates please send your CV to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Currently we have several postdoc positions available on the development of high performance fiber lasers and nanophotonics.
Group Website: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/taojin/Home.html
- A*STAR SERC Innovations in Remanufacturing Programme (2011-2015) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR SERC Innovations in Remanufacturing Programme (2013-2015) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2012-2015) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2013-2016) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2015-2019) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MSHE) (2012-2015) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 3 (2012-)
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2013-2017) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- MERLION (2014-2015) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding (2014-2016) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2014-2015) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- A Novel Photonic Crystal Surface Emitting Laser Incorporating a High-Index-Contrast Grating
- Advanced Concepts & Technologies for THz Applications
- Development and Characterization of Middle-Infrared Random Quantum Cascade Laser
- Development of Quantum Cascade Lasers for Environmental Sensing Applications
- Disruptive Photonic Technologies (DPT)
- Highly Collimated Watt-level Mid-IR (3-5um) Quantum Cascade Lasers With Beam Combing
- Hybrid Silicon Mode-Locked Lasers With Low Time Jitter & High Power
- Mid-Infrared Supercontinuum Generation in InF3 and Lead-Bismuth-gallium Fibers
- Multi-functional High Power Fiber Laser System and Applications for Cleaning and Surface Enhancement
- Multi-functional Higher Power Fiber Laser System and Applications for Cleaning and Surface Enhancement (Industry Project)
- Next Generation Mid-Infrared Science and Technology for Healthcare and Environmental Monitoring
- Sub Project 1 - Intersubband Electroluminescence from III-Nitride Multiple Quantum Wells
- The Development of Quantum Cascade Lasers
- Towards Arbitrary Beam Engineering with Integrated Plasmonics and Deformed Microcavities
- XRP3-1: Frontend of Mid-Infrared OPCPA for Soft X-ray High Harmonic Generation
- Vigil Varghese, Xinyuan Qian, Shoushun Chen, Zexiang Shen, Qijie Wang, Jin Tao and Guozhen Liang. (2014). Track-and-Tune Light Field CMOS Image Sensor. IEEE Sensors Journal , 14(12), 4372 - 4384.
- Xiaohui Li, Yonggang Wang, Yishan Wang, Wei Zhao, Xuechao Yu, Zhipei Sun, Xueping Cheng, Xia Yu, Ying Zhang, and Qi Jie Wang. (2014). Nonlinear absorption of SWNT film and its effects to the operation state of pulsed fiber laser. Optics Express, 22(14), 17227-17235.
- Y. L. Tang, X. H. Li, and Q. J. Wang. (2013). High power passively Q-switched thulium fiber laser with distributed stimulated Brillouin scattering. Optics Letters, 38, 5474-5477.
- M. Bo, M. Yamanishi, C. Pflugel, Kazuue Fujita, F. Capasso, and Q. J. Wang. (2013). Investigation of tunable single-mode quantum cascade lasers via surface-acoustic wave modulation. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, 49, 1053.
- H. Zhu, X. Chen, L. M. Jin, Q. J. Wang, F. Wang, and S. F. Yu. (2013). Amplified Spontaneous Emission and Lasing from Lanthanide-Doped Up-Conversion Nanocrystals. ACS Nano, 7, 11420–11426.