|Assoc Prof Pradumna Bickram Rana |
Phone: (+65)6592 1821
- PhD Vanderbilt University 1979
- Master of Arts Michigan State University 1973
- Master of Arts Tribhuvan University 1970
|Dr Rana is a Senior Fellow at the Division of Economics, HSS. He was the Senior Director of the Asian Development Bank's (ADB's) Office of Regional Economic Integration which spearheaded the ADB's support for regional cooperation and integration in Asia. Earlier, he was a Lecturer at the National University of Singapore and Tribhuvan University (Nepal), a researcher at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, and a consultant for the World Bank. Dr. Rana obtained his PhD from Vanderbilt University where he was a Fulbright Scholar and a Masters from the Michigan State University where he was a gold medalist. He has published widely in the areas of Asian economic development and integration, Asian financial crisis, business cycle co-movements, early warning systems of financial crisis, and policy reforms in transition economies, These include several books and articles in various international journals including the Review of Economics and Statistics, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Development Economics, Journal of Asian Economics, World Development, Singapore Economic Review, and Developing Economies. His latest contribution is a co-authored book on South Asia - Rising to the Challenge of Globalization being published by World Scientific Publishers. He is also co-editing books on Pan-Asian Integration:Linking East and South Asia (forthcoming Palgrave Macmillan) and National Strategies for Regional Integration (forthcoming ADB) |
|Asian economic development and integration
Asian financial crisis
Business cycle synchronization
Early warning systems of currency and banking crisis
Financial globalization and capital flows
Policy reforms in transition economies
Urbanization and urban poverty
- Pradumna B Rana. (2008). Asian Economic Integration: The Role Of SingaporeSingapore and Asia in a Globalized World: Contemporary Economic Issues and Policies. Singapore: World Scientific.
- Pradumna B Rana and John Malcolm Dowling. (2008). South Asia - Rising to the Challenge of Globalization. World Scientific.
- Francois J, P Rana, G. Wignaraja. (2008). National Strategies for Regional Integration: South and East Asian Cases. Asian Development Bank.
- Francois, P Rana, G Wignaraja. (2008). Pan-Asian Integration: Linking East and South Asia. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Pradumna B. Rana. (2008). Preparedness for Future Crisis in East Asia: Global, National, and Regional PerspectivesThe Asian Financial Crisis 10 Years After. United Kingdom: Rutledge.