|Asst Prof Su Pei-Chen |
Division of Manufacturing Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5586
- PhD (MechEng) Stanford University 2009
- MS (MechEng) Stanford University 2005
- MS (MatlSc & Eng) National Taiwan University 2003
- BS (MechEng) National Taiwan University 2001
|Dr. Su obtained her MS and PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University, with a PhD minor in Electrical Engineering, focusing on microsystem technologies, materials science, and miniature solid oxide fuel cells. She joined Nanyang Technological University, Singapore as an Assistant Professor since March 2011, and before that she was an Assistant Professor in National Taiwan University, Taiwan. |
Dr. Su's research interests are in applying microsystem technologies, nanoscale thin film materials, and nano-patterning technologies at the interface of energy conversion devices, specifically fuel cells. She pioneered in development of high power density nano thin film oxide fuel cells at low operating temperature and keeps leading cell performance in the literature. Her research interests include micro fuel cells, micro/nano fabrication, powerMEMS, and thin film energy materials. Currently, her research group is working on thin film deposition technologies for zirconia-based electrolytes, design and fabrication of scalable micro-SOFCs and portable micro-SOFC system, and study of reaction kinetics between electrode and nano thin film electrolyte.
|Low Temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cells|
Ultrathin Film Ion-conducting Electrolyte
Silicon-based Micro SOFC for Portable Applications
Atomic layer deposition
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- SIMTech - NTU Joint Lab (2012-) [by A*STAR Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)]
- Start Up Grant (2011-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- High Performance Micro Solid Oxide Fuel Cells with Nanostructured Membranes
- Low Temperature Thin Film Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
- Nano-scale additive manufacturing of 3D oxide thin film
- Pei-Chen Su and Fritz B. Prinz. (2011). Nanoscale Membrane Electrolyte Array for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells. Electrochemistry Communications, in press.
- Pei-Chen Su and Fritz B. Prinz. (2011). Cup-shaped Yttria-doped Barium Zirconate Membrane Fuel Cell Array. Microelectronic Engineering, in press.
- J. A. Sharon, P-C. Su, F.B. Prinz, K.J. Hemker. (2011). Stress Driven Grain Growth in Nanocrystalline Pt Thin Films. Scripta Materialia, 64(1), 25-28.
- Pei-Chen Su, Cheng-Chieh Chao, Joon Shim, Rainer Fasching, and Fritz B. Prinz. (2008). Solid Oxide Fuel Cell with Corrugated Thin Film Electrolyte. Nano Letters, 8, 2289-2292.
- H. Huang, M. Nakamura, P. C. Su, R. Fasching, Y. Saito, F.B. Prinz. (2007). High-Performance Ultra Thin Solid Oxide Fuel Cells For Low Temperature Operation. Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 154(1), B20-B24.