|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Pee Loo Geok
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: WKWSCI 05-06
- PhD National University of Singapore 2010
- BA(Hons) National University of Singapore 2005
|L. G. Pee is an Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Prior to joining NTU, she was an Assistant Professor at Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan. She obtained her Ph. D. from National University of Singapore. |
Her research focuses on Social Informatics of Knowledge, which examines the social and institutional connections among people and IT in knowledge-intensive contexts. Her latest projects seek to enhance the design of human-in-the-loop systems to realize knowledge value, such as AI robotic systems in healthcare, smart manufacturing systems, and big data analytics for the grand challenge of air pollution. She has used different, often mixed, research methods in these projects, including survey, interpretive case study, social network analysis, text mining, and design science. Her works are forthcoming or published in top journals (as ranked by Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information), including Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, Information & Management, International Journal of Information Management, Government Information Quarterly, Journal of Knowledge Management, as well as Scimago's top-quartile journals in other disciplines such as IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management and Journal of the Association of Information Systems. As a principal investigator, she has received more than SG$700,000 in research funding. LG also serves on the editorial board of several international journals and program committee of several international conferences.
LG has also been invited to speak at practitioner conferences such as KM Asia, and facilitate employee training in organizations such as Fujitsu Group. She received the Mobile Science Award by NTT Docomo Mobile Communication Fund for her contribution to the practice of mobile knowledge sharing.
|Social informatics of knowledge, knowledge management, knowledge-intensive human-in-the-loop systems|
Please see http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/peelg for the list of publications
- A Baseline, Cross-Sectional and Intervention Study Investigating Individual, Cultural and Organisational Factors Influencing Ownership of Workplace Health and Safety Leading to a Mindset Change and Actions.
- Gamification Of Employees' Online Knowledge Sharing
- Learning Effectiveness of the Knowledge Co-Creation Approach to Ill-Structured Problems
- Your Knowledge is Needed: The Other-Oriented Function of Knowledge Sharing in Online Communities
- L. G. Pee. (2018). Knowledge Embodiment in Healthcare Robots. ACM Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Computing Conference.
- 1. W. Ying, L. G. Pee, S. Jia. (2018). Social informatics of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystems: A Case Study of KuteSmart. International Journal of Information Management, 42, 102-105.
- L. G. Pee, E. Koh, M. Goh. (2018). Trait Motivations of Crowdsourcing and Task Choice: A Distal‐Proximal Perspective. International Journal of Information Management, 40(1), 28-41.
- L. G. Pee. (2018). Affordances for Sharing Domain-Specific and Complex Knowledge on Enterprise Social Media. International Journal of Information Management, 43(1), 25-37.
- L. G. Pee. (2018, January). Learning Effectiveness of the Knowledge Co‐Creation Approach to Ill-Structured Problems. Paper presented at International Conference on Education.