|Prof Paul Kohl|
School of Art, Design and Media
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: ART 3-8
- MA Purdue University 1985
- BA The San Francisco Institute 1973
|Visiting Professor Paul Kohl is currently in the Art, Design and Media Department which he joined in January of 2008. He received his Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from the San Francisco Art Institute and his Masters from Purdue University. He is a recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts Grant in Photography as well as Maryland State arts Council Grants (2) and Baltimore City Artist Grants (2). He exhibits and publishes his work frequently and internationally. He is now serving as "Master Printer" for the Singapore International Photography Festival.
His primary interest is in the emerging interface between photography and the ink-jet printer. He did an Artist-in-Residence at Awagami Paper in Japan to develop a handmade paper that could be used to print photographs on with a large-format ink-jet printer.
He will be publishing a monograph of his photographic series "Two Fish, Out of Water," in the coming months.
|Prof Kohl's areas of expertise are photography, both digital and analog, ink-jet printing, and web page design. His current research work focuses on fine art printing using the ink-jet printer and high quality papers.|
|Current Projects |
- "Now and Then": A Series Of Photographs Examining The Evolving Landscape Of Contemporary Portugal Using Both The Urban And Rural Settings With Special Attention Paid To The Ongoing Effects Of The Economic Crisis
- Being Here by Paul Kohl. (2008). Two Fish, Out of Water. Kyoto Journal, #61, 51-58.
- Paul Kohl. (2008). 16th Tannan International Art Exhibition Catalogue. 16th Tannan International Art Festival, .
- Paul Kohl. (2007). “New Art Now”. Tenjinyama Culture Center, .
- Paul Kohl. (2006). Intimate Conversations: Artists and Their Materials. Kurashiki Art Museum, .