|Assoc Prof (Adj) Gan Oon Peen |
Adjunct Associate Professor
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6592 3071
- PhD National University of Singapore 1997
- B.Eng National University of Singapore 1992
|Dr Gan Oon Peen is adjunct associate professor, Intelligent Machines Research, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. |
Dr Gan is a research scientist and group manager at the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology and a technical lead at the National RFID Centre Singapore. He received his Ph.D from National University of Singapore in 1997 and completed his post doctorate research at the Centre for Process System Engineering, Imperial College London.
His research interests are in the area of intelligent factory control and prognostic health management, in particular, intelligent control, discrete event system modeling and control, data mining, operation research, and industrial automation. As a group manager, he leads a team of 28 researchers to develop novel technologies in the area of real-time factory visibility and decision support, energy efficient operations and optimal resource control, remote equipment monitoring and diagnostics, and in-situ process monitoring and optimization for empowering factory responsiveness. As a technical lead, Dr Gan played a key role in initiating the National RFID Centre and he also oversees over 20 RFID projects.
Dr Gan is adjunct associate professor, Control & Intelligent Systems Research, Department of Electrical & Computing Engineering, National University of Singapore.
|Intelligent factory control and prognostic health management, in particular, intelligent control, discrete event system modeling and control, data mining, operation research, and industrial automation.|
- L.Y. Zhai, M.J. Er, X. Li, O.P. Gan, L. San. (2011). Wavelet-based Analysis of Force Signals for Monitoring and Prediction of Cutting Performance in High-speed Milling Processes. Engineering Letters an International Journal, Vol. (TBD), Pp. (TBD).
- X. Li, B.S Lim, O.P. Gan and J. H. Zhou, M. J. Er. (2010). Fuzzy Regression Modeling for Tool Performance Prediction and Degradation Detection. International Journal of Neural Systems, 20(5), 405-19.
- O.P. Gan, C.C. Tan, S.C. Wang, G.C. Tan, Y.Z. Zhao. (2008). International Conference of IEEE Industrial Informatics: Event Cycle and Device Control in RFID Middleware. International Conference of IEEE Industrial Informatics (pp. 1262-1266)Korea: IEEE.
- O.P. Gan, S.C. Wang. (2007). Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society: Parameter Estimation of RFID Network Traffic Load. Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (pp. 34-39)Taiwan: IEEE.
- O.P. Gan. (2006). Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society: Discrete Event System Modeling and Dynamic Service Allocation for RFID Networks. Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (pp. 4767-4772)Paris: IEEE.