|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zhong Zhaowei
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5588
- PhD Tohoku University 1989
- ME Tohoku University 1986
|Dr. Z.W. Zhong worked at the Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Japan after receiving his Doctor of Engineering in Precision Engineering. He has also worked at the Gintic Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Singapore, and is currently at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research and development areas are electronics packaging, precision engineering, mechatronics and design, etc.|
|Mechatronics and Design; Microelectronics Packaging; Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology; Modelling and Analysis|
- Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) (2014-) [by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)]
- EDB Industrial Postgraduate Programme (2013-2018) [by STATS ChipPAC Ltd]
- Advanced flip chip and wafer level packages for 2.5D and 3D IC Package Technology
- Development of Computational Fluid Dynamic Model for Design of Functionally Patterned Grinding Wheel and Coolant Nozzle
- High Speed Grinding and Chemical Mechanical Polishing of Difficult to-machine Materials
- Regional Airspace Capacity Enhancement - ASEAN Pilot
- J.H. Chow*, Z.W. Zhong, W. Lin, L.P. Khoo, C.M. Kiew. (2015). A finite-difference thermal model of a three-phase coreless linear motor as a heat source. Applied Thermal Engineering, 87, 605-614.
- J.H. Chow*, Z.W. Zhong, W. Lin, L.P. Khoo. (2015). The development of a simple semi-empirical method to obtain a predictive model of the convective heat loss of a solid surface of practical machine size by finite difference and experimentation. Applied Thermal Engineering, 75, 789-799.
- Z.W. Zhong, X C Shan. (2014). A study of meniscus formation and its effect on roll-to-roll UV embossing. International Journal of Engineering Science, 85, 10-19.
- X.M. Yang*, Z.W. Zhong, E.Q. Li, Z.H. Wang, W. Xu, S.T. Thoroddsen, X.X. Zhang. (2013). Asymmetric liquid wetting and spreading on slanted micro-pillar array surfaces. Soft Matter, 9(46), 11113-11119.
- K.Y. Chee*, Z.W. Zhong. (2013). Control, navigation and collision avoidance for an unmanned aerial vehicle. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 190, 66-76.
« Back to Research Directory