|Assoc Prof Lee Yong Tsui|
Assistant Chair (Students), School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Division of Mechatronics and Design
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5867
- PhD University of Leeds 1983
- MS University of Rochester 1980
- BSc(Hons) University of Leeds 1977
|Lee Yong Tsui obtained his BSc (1977) and PhD (1983) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Leeds, England, and his MS (1980) from the University of Rochester, New York. After his PhD, he worked as a software engineering in PAFEC Ltd. in Nottingham, developing systems for CAD, CAM and engineering analysis. He left England and joined the then NTI as a senior lecturer in the School of Mechanical and Production Engineering. He mainly teaches in computer related subjects, such as first year Computing, Computer-aided Design, Visualisation and Virtual Reality, and Foundations in Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. He is the Director of the CAD/CAM Lab and MSc program in Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. He is also the Assistant Chair (Students) in the School.
He is the Conference Chair for SIGGRAPH Asia 2008, a major computer graphics conference to be held in Singapore from 10-13 December 2008.
Outside work, he enjoys sports, and was a keen squash player until a rupture of his Archilles tendon put paid to that career. Now he walks and jogs, but doesn’t enjoy that as much as squash.
|His research interests lie mainly in computer related areas, such as computer graphics, geometric modeling, computer-aided design and manufacturing, and related applications. More specifically, he current focus is in computer-aided conceptual design, looking at the problem of converting design sketches into 3D models, which can then be ?beautified? to become CAD models. He is also studying the simulation of vehicle collisions, as an impartial assistant to judicial litigation on road accident cases.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-)
- CCIC Singapore Pte Ltd - NTU (2013-) [by CCIC Singapore Pte Ltd]
- NTU Internal Funding (2013-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Automatic measurement of ship compartment volume for liquid bulk marine cargo
- Computational Intelligence for Automation and Optimization of Finishing Processes for Marine/Aerospace Components
- Measurement of Ship Compartment Volume
- Nonrigid Graphics Kernels for GPU
- Leong MC, Lee YT, Fang F. (2013). A Search-and-Validate Method for Face Identification from Single Line Drawings. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, , DOI: 10.1109/TPAMI.2013.82.
- F Fang, YT Lee. (2012). 3D reconstruction of polyhedral objects from single perspective projections using cubic corner. 3D Research, 3(2), 1-8.
- Y Liu, YT Lee. (2012). Optimization-based Freeform Shape Reconstruction. 3D Research, 3.
- Y Liu, YT Lee. (2012). Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGGRAPH Conference on Virtual-Reality Continuum and its Applications in Industry: 3D Reconstruction of Freeform Shapes from 2D Line Drawings. Virtual-Reality Continuum and Its Applications in Industry VRCAI 2010 (pp. 304-310)New York: ACM.
- YT Lee, F Fang. (2011). 3D reconstruction of polyhedral objects from single parallel projections using cubic corner. Computer-Aided Design, 43(8), 1025-1034.