|Assoc Prof Ng Yin Kwee |
Assistant Chair (Alumni), School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4455
- PGDipTHE Nanyang Technological University 1995
- PhD University of Cambridge 1992
- BEng(Hons) University of Newcastle Upon Tyne 1988
|Asso. Professor & Assist. Chair (Alumni) in MAE; Snr. Hall Fellow. Ng obtained a B.Eng (CL I) from Uni. of Newcastle upon Tyne; Ph.D at Cambridge Univ. with a Cambridge Commonwealth Scholarship; PG Diploma in Teaching Higher Edu., NIE-NTU. Published > 315 papers in SCI-IF int. journal (172); int. conf. proceedings (70), textbook chapters (51) and others (22) over the 18 years. Co-edited 7 books on “Cardiac Pumping and Perfusion Engineering” by WSPC Press (2007); “Imaging and Modelling of Human Eye” by Artech House (2008); “Distributed Diagnosis and Home Healthcare, v.1” by ASP (2009); “Performance Evaluation in Breast Imaging, Tumor Detection & Analysis” by ASP (2010); “Distributed Diagnosis and Home Healthcare, v.3” by ASP (2011); “Computational Analysis of Human eye with Applications” by WSPC (2011); and “Human Eye Imaging and Modeling” by CRC (2011). Also, he co-authored a text book: “Compressor Instability with Integral Methods” by Springer (2007). Ng is an invited speaker for many international scientific confs/workshops.
More details are available upon request and in URL: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-1375-2011
|His main area of research is thermal imaging, biomedical engineering; computational turbomachinery aerodynamics; marine sustainable energy problems; computational fluid dynamics & computational heat transfer such as laser modelling, bioheat transfer analysis. He is the: Adjunct National University Hospital Scientist; Editor-in-Chief for the J. of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology; J. Med. Imaging and Health Informatics; and strategy Assoc. Editor-in-Chief for World J. of Clinical Oncology; Assoc. Editor for Int. J. of Rotating Machinery; Computational Fluid Dynamics J. (CFDJ); Int. J. of Breast Cancer, Chinese J. of Medicine, Open Medical Informatics J., Open Numerical Methods J., J. of Healthcare Engg, J. of Scientific Conf. Proceedings, and J. of Bionanoscience; co-chairman for 15th Int. Conf. on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology (2006); co-chair of the working group on thermal imagers under Medical Technology Standards Committee by SPRING, Singapore (handling the international standardisation aspects for thermal imagers for ISO-IEC) etc.|
|Research Grant |
- EDB Industrial Postgraduate Programme (2013-)
- Ministry of Defense (2010-) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- NTU-NHG Innovation Seed Grant (2011-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University, National Health Group (NHG)]
|Current Projects |
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Study of C-130 External Aerodynamics Flow Field
- Coupled CFD and Depth Integrated Modelling of Marine Structures
- Integrated Wave Loads Analysis of Offshore Wind Turbine Platform Under Special and Complex Conditions
- Mechanistic and pathological study of the genesis, growth and rupture of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Optimal Structural Design of Wind Energy System
- Tan JH, Ng YK, Rajendra Udyavara Acharya, Chee C. (2009). Infrared Thermography on Ocular Surface Temperature: A Review. Infrared Physics & Technology, 52(4), 97-108.
- E. Y. K. Ng, D.H.M. Lim and F. Gao. (2009). Monitoring and Characterising of Hard Disk Drive Thermal Sources. Heat Transfer Engineering, 30(8), 649-660.
- Tan, JMY, Ng, E. Y-K., R Acharya U, Keith, L.G., and Holmes, J. (2009). Comparative Study on the use of Analytical Software to Identify the Different Stages of Breast Cancer using Discrete Temperature Data. Journal of Medical Systems, 33(2), 141-153.
- Ng Y.K. (2009). A Review of Thermography as Promising Non-invasive Detection Modality for Breast Tumour. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 48(5), 849-855.
- Ng Y.K., Rajendra Acharya U. (2009). A Review of Remote-sensing Infrared Thermography for Indoor Mass Blind Fever Screening in Containing an Epidemic. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, 28(1), 76-83.