|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Huang Xiaoyang
Thermo Fluids & Marine Engineering Cluster
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4448
- PhD Cambridge University 1988
- MS Academia Sinica 1984
- BS Nanjing University 1982
|Dr. Huang Xiaoyan is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. He received his Bachelor degree in physics from Nanjing University, Master degree in acoustics from Academia Sinica and Ph.D. degree from Cambridge University.
His research areas cover acoustics, unsteady flow control, aero-elastic instabilities, thermal fluids and microfluidics.
The research in acoustics includes sound wave scattering from tube bundles, active control of wheel squeals, acoustic chaos, and recently on nonlinear resonances in miniature devices. The research on flow instabilities covers feedback control of compressor surges, shear layer oscillations and vortex shedding from cylinders. It has recently been extended to rotating disk flutter in disk drives.
Current research activities are focused on microfluidics, nonlinear acoustics and aero-elastic instabilities in hard disk drives.
|Microscale fluidics and acoustics, nonlinear acoustics, aerodynamic instabilities, flow-structure interactions.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2015-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2014-)
- Bubble dynamics with actuation in microfluidic chamber
- Dynamics of thermal capillary driven liquid plugs in microchannels
- Modelling of sound waves transmission and scattering in tube bundles
- Project STENDEC
- Thermal effect on interfacial dynamics of Gold nanoparticle-protein at the nano-bio interface
- Hequn Min, Xiaoyang Huang and Qide Zhang. (2013). Active control of flow-induced vibrations on slider in hard disk drives: experimental demonstration. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 49(6), 3138-3141.
- Hequn Min, Xiaoyang Huang and Qide Zhang. (2013). Active Control on Flow-Induced Vibration of the Head Gimbals Assembly in Hard Disk Drives. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 49(6), 2753-2756.
- Hequn Min, Xiaoyang Huang, Qide Zhang, and Xin Xia. (2013). Narrowband performance of active control on flow-induced vibrations inside hard disk drives. 23rd ASME Annual Conference on Information Storage and Process Systems (ISPS'13).
- Xiaoyang Huang, Hequn Min, and Qide Zhang. (2013). Active control of flow-induced vibrations inside hard disk drives. 20th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV20).
- Xiaoyang Huang, Hequn Min, and Qide Zhang. (2013). Feedback control of flow-induced vibrations on head gimbals assembly inside hard disk drives. 2nd Symposium on Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control.
« Back to Research Directory