|Assoc Prof Ang Whye Teong|
Division of Engineering Mechanics
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5937
- PhD University of Adelaide 1987
- BSc(Hons) University of Adelaide 1985
|W. T. ANG graduated with a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the University of Adelaide, Australia, in 1987. He has published research works on a range of topics which include boundary element methods, Green's functions, stress analysis around cracks and heat transfer problems. Before joining Nanyang Technological University, he had worked at various universities in the USA, Australia and Malaysia.|
|W. T. Ang's research interest is in the general area of applied and engineering mathematics. Specific research topics which he has worked on include the boundary integral equation method, stress analysis around cracks, heat transfer with applications to modern engineering and biological systems, analyses of advanced materials (such as functionally graded materials and piezoelectric materials) and non-classical boundary value problems in physical and engineering sciences.|
|Research Grant |
- Economic Development Board (EDB) Grant (2013-) [by Economic Development Board (EDB)]
|Current Projects |
- Modelling and Simulation of Processes in Additive Manufacturing
- W. T. Ang, I. V. Singh, M. Tanaka. (2007). An axisymmetric heat conduction model for a multi-material cylindrical system with application to analysis of carbon nanotube based composites. International Journal of Engineering Science, 45, 22-33.
- W. T. Ang. (2007). Elastodynamic antiplane deformation of a bimaterial with an imperfect viscoelastic interface: a dual reciprocity hypersingular boundary integral solution. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 31, 749-769.
- D. L. Clements, W. T. Ang. (2006). On a generalised plane strain crack problem for inhomogeneous anisotropic elastic materials. International Journal of Engineering Science, 44, 273-284.
- Y. S. Park, W. T. Ang. (2000). A complex variable boundary element method for an elliptic partial differential equation with variable coefficients. Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, 16, 697-703.
- W. T. Ang, D. L. Clements. (1987). On some crack problems for inhomogeneous elastic materials. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 23, 1089-1104.