|Dr Wei Min Huang is currently an Associate Professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He has 17 years of experience on shape memory materials (alloy, polymer, composite and hybrid) and technologies. He has published two books (Thin Film Shape Memory Alloys [co-ed., Cambridge University Press, 2009]; Polyurethane Shape Memory Polymer [co-au., CRC, 2011]) and over 100 papers in journals, such as Materials Today, Soft Matter, Journal of Materials Chemistry etc, and has been invited to review manuscripts from over 60 international journals and proposals from American Chemical Society etc. He is currently on the editorial board of four journals.|
- Biodegradable Shape Memory Foam Plug for Temporary Endovascular Embolization in Interventional Radiology
- Characterization of thin films and small sized samples
- High performance shape memory materials for active disassembly and recycling of electrical devices
- Perching Aircraft Research and Development (DSOCL09292)
- Thermomechanical characterization of micro/nano thin films
- Motemani Y., Tan MJ., White TJ., Huang WM. (2011). Rapid thermal annealing of Ti-rich TiNi thin films: A new approach to fabricate patterned shape memory thin films. Materials & Design, 32(2), 688-695.
- An L
Guo NQ. (2008). A note on size effect in actuating NiTi shape memory alloys by electrical current. Materials & Design, 29, 1432-1437.
- Leng, J.S., Lan, X., Liu, Y.J., Du, S.Y., Huang, W.M., Liu, N., Phee, S.J. and Yuan, Q. (2008). Electrical conductivity of thermo-responsive shape-memory polymer with embedded micron sized Ni powder chains. Applied Physics Letters, 92, 014104.
- Sun L, Huang WM. (2008). Wet to shrink: an approach to realize negative expansion upon wetting. Advanced Composite Materials, .
- Huang WM
Leng SC. (2008). Indentation on very smooth silicon wafers. International Journal of Nanomanufacturing, .