|Assoc Prof Vladimir Vladimirovich Kulish |
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4950
- PhD(Mech.Eng.) Southern Methodist University 1999
- MA(Ger.Lang.& Lit.) Goethe-Institute 1996
- PhD(Phys.& Math.) Russian Academy of Sciences 1991
- MSc(Mech.Eng.) Moscow Power Engineering University 1989
- BSc Moscow Power Engineering University 1987
|Vladimir V. KULISH was born in 1966 in Mariupol (Ukraine). In 1992, Dr. Kulish received a Dr. Sc. in physics and mathematics from the Russian Academy of Sciences and, in 1999, his Ph. D. in mechanical engineering from the Southern Methodist University (Dallas, Texas). In 2002, Dr. Kulish was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Divinity by the Universal Life Church (Modesto, California). Upon joining NTU in 1999, Vladimir V. Kulish is an Associate Professor of the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Prof. Kulish's main research interest is in the area of mathematical modeling of energy-informational transport processes and transport phenomena in biological systems. The author of six books and more than eighty publications in professional journals and peer-reviewed conference proceedings, Prof. Kulish is a holder of several prestigious awards for his scientific achievements. His name was included in 2000 Outstanding Scientists of the 21st Century by the International Biographical Institute (Cambridge, UK) for outstanding achievements in biomedical engineering. The American Biographical Institute selected Prof. Kulish Man of the Year 2003. On April 26, 2004, Prof. Kulish was elected a corresponding member of the International Academy of Sciences “Collegium”. At the same time, Prof. Kulish is the Founding Editor-in-Chief of the international journal Works of the International Academy of Sciences "Collegium".
In September 2005, Prof. Kulish has been awarded the Tan Chin Tuan Fellowship and was a visiting scholar to the Department of Physics at Stanford University from August until November 2006. His visit was hosted by Professor Douglas D. Osheroff (Nobel Prize for Physics, 1996). In January 2007, Prof. Kulish has been elected V.I.P. Company Member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
|Prof. Kulish's main research interest is in the area of mathematical modeling of energy-informational transport processes and transport phenomena in biological systems.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
|Current Projects |
- EXACT SOLUTIONS TO THE NAVIER-STOKES EQUATION FOR AN INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW FROM THE INTERPRETATION OF THE SCHRÖDINGER WAVE FUNCTION
- Heat Transfer in Nano-Scale Head-disk interface of 10 Tb/in2 recording
- Visual and Haptic Rendering in Co-Space
- Kulish, V. V. (2008). Market Efficiency and the Phase-Lagging Model of Price Fluctuations. Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, 387(4), 861-867.
- Kulish, V. V., Chan, W. K. (2007). On the Phase-Lagged Model of Superfluidity: High-Temperature Superfluidity versus Superfluidity at Low Temperatures. International Journal of Transport Phenomena, 9(2), 113-118.
- Kulish, V. V., Li Heng, Dröge, P. (2007). Z-DNA-induced Super-Transport of Energy within Genomes. Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, 384(2), 733-738.
- Kulish V. V. (2004). Human Respiration: Anatomy and Physiology, Mathematical Modeling, Numerical Simulation and Applications. Wessex Institute of Technology Press.
- Kulish V. V., Lage J. L., Komarov P. L., Raad P. E. (2001). Fractional-Diffusion Theory for Calculating Thermal Properties of Thin Films from Surface Transient Thermoreflectance Measurements. Journal of Heat Transfer-Transactions of the ASME, 123(6), 1133-1138.