|Marilyn Uy joined Nanyang Business School in September 2011. She holds a PhD in Management from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Prior to joining Nanyang Business School, she was at the Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria, Canada. Her research spans the broad areas of work motivation, affect, and entrepreneurship. Her articles have been published in leading management journals including Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Business Venturing, Organizational Research Methods, and Human Relations. Recently, her paper on using ESM to advance entrepreneurship research (ORM 2010 with Foo and Aguinis) won the Academy of Management Entrepreneurship Division’s 2011 IDEA Thought Leader Paper Award. Another paper on entrepreneurs’ affect and venture effort (JAP 2009 with Foo and Baron) was selected for the 2009 Entrepreneurship Research Exemplars Conference—an invited best practices conference for advancing research excellence in entrepreneurship. Her paper on moods spillover and crossover among dual-earner couples (JAP 2008 with Song and Foo) was one of the finalists for the 2010 Rosabeth Moss Kanter Award for Excellence in Work Family Research. She currently serves on the editorial boards of Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, and Group and Organization Management.|
- Foo, M. D., Uy, M. A., & Murnieks, C. Y. (2013). Beyond affective valence: Untangling valence and activation influences on opportunity identification. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , (in press).
- Uy, M. A., Foo, M. D., Song Z. (2012). Joint effects of prior start-up experience and coping strategies on entrepreneurs' psychological well-being. Journal of Business Venturing, , (in press).
- Chan, K. Y., Ho, M-H. R., Chernyshenko, O., Bedford, O. A., Uy, M. A., Gomulya, D. A., Sam, E. Y., & Phan, J. W. (2012). Entrepreneurship, professionalism, leadership: A framework and measure for understanding boundaryless careers. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 81, 73-88.
- Song, Z., Foo, M. D., Uy, M. A., & Sun, S. (2011). Unraveling the daily stress crossover between the unemployed and their employed spouses. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96, 151-168.
- Uy, M. A., Foo, M. D., & Aguinis, H. (2010). Using experience sampling methodology to advance entrepreneurship theory and research. Organizational Research Methods, 13, 31-54.