|Assoc Prof Ng Teng Yong |
Acting Head, Division of Aerospace Engineering
Division of Aerospace Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4963
- PhD National University of Singapore 1999
- MEng National University of Singapore 1996
- BEng(Hons) National University of Singapore 1992
|Dr Ng Teng Yong joined NTU as an Assistant Professor in November 2002. Prior to that, he was Research Manager at the A*STAR Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC). His research interest is in numerical modeling and simulation. He is currently in the Aerospace Engineering Division of the School of MAE, and he was promoted to Associate Professor in 2005.|
|Variational and Finite Element Techniques for Structural Analysis; Dynamic Stability, Vibration and Control of Plates and Shells; Composite Laminates and Functionally Graded Materials; Smart Materials: Piezoelectric / Magnetostrictive / Shape Memory Alloys; Development of Meshless (Element-Free) Techniques; Mathematical Modeling of Hydrogel-Based BioMEMS Devices; Computational Nano-Science - Multiscale Simulation; Modeling and Simulation of Quantum Dot Growth and Characteristics; Chaos and Control of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems; Structural Optimization - via Genetic Algorithms (GA); Nanomedicine Modeling (Nanoparticle Drug/Gene Delivery Systems)|
|Research Grant |
- IDA Grant Call on Cloud Computing (2013-2013) [by Infocomm Development Authority (IDA)]
|Current Projects |
- Harnessing Cloud Computing And Massively Parallel Molecular Dynamics Simulators To Investigate The Properties Of Advanced Ultralight Materials
- Harnessing cloud computing and massively parallel molecular dynamics simulators to investigate the properties of advanced ultralight materials
- Modeling and simulation of nano-particle drug/gene delivery systems in nano-medicine
- Multiscale materials modeling-Development of handshaking regions for continuum/molecular dysnamics (MD) interfaces via the concurrent coupling of meshless methods with MD
- Ng TY, Yeak SH and Liew KM. (2008). Coupling of ab initio density functional theory and molecular dynamics for the multiscale modelling of carbon nanotubes. Nanotechnology, 19, Art. No. 055702.
- Fan XJ, Phan-Thien N, Chen S, Wu XH and Ng TY. (2006). Simulating flow of DNA suspension using dissipative particle dynamics. Physics of Fluids, 18, Art # 063102.
- Ren YX, Ng Teng Yong, Liew KM. (2006). State of hydrogen molecules confined in C60 fullerene and carbon nanocapsule structures. Carbon, 44, 397-406.
- Ng Teng Yong, Li H, Cheng JQ, Lam Khin Yong, Yew YK. (2003). A novel true meshless numerical technique (hM-DOR method) for the deformation control of circular plates integrated with piezoelectric sensors/actuators. Smart Materials & Structures, 12, 955-961.